Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjbrand Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 06:20 AM
    UPDATE: Just wanted to post an update to this whole fiasco. It's all settled and done. The apartment complex completely voided the balance and released me from the lease! Finally! After a couple of letters between attorneys... with still no luck... I threatened to take them to court. The kicker to the release was a complete OJ Simpson technicality. In the lease it states that the lease contract could be voided at my option if the lease contract or any copyrighted TAA lease addendum fails to have the names of the tenants appear at the bottom of the page... It just so happened that I had 2 copyrighted TAA lease addendums that did not have the names at the bottom of the page.

What luck!! It took hours of reviewing the lease looking for any kind of loophole. But it paid off!

Thank you to all those that posted with help and advice!
    MarieMcCrury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Hi you! Just curious of how it turned out...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieMcCrury
    Hi ya!! just curious of how it turned out....
    Did you read his note From May 3?
    hfreasier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 08:25 PM
    I live in the villages of copperfield in Houston how can I get out of this complex there has been two shooting since I moved in in January last night someone was shoot with in feet of my apartment. I need out someone please help me... I am a single mother with a 9 year old disabled son. I need help on what my rights are and how I can get out of this apartment please help me thanks,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this lease valid? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I own a home that we rent out. My husband signed a 1 year lease (without my signature) with 4 people contingnet on there credit checks and income verification. My husband signed the lease with them on the 30th and we denied them on the 31st. They lease was to begin on the 1st. They...

Is this lease valid? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both own a home which we rent out. Both our names are on the lease. Do we both need to sign the lease for it to be valid? :rolleyes:

Can I break the lease? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm in a one year lease on a house and I've decided to buy a home instead of rent. I'll be closing on the house that I'm buying at the end of this month and I have notified my landlord verbally but not in writing yet. He said that I would be stuck in the lease until it was up so I'll be paying my...

Am I stuck in this lease? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently in a very sticky situation. I was supposed to rent an apartment with my girlfriend (with the lease starting on May 1st). Both of us applied for the apartment with the company, and both of our names are on the lease. She's out of town, so I went and met with the landlord and...

Real Estate legalities [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I have just sold our home and have an offer pending to buy a new house (our offer was contingent upon us selling our current home, which we have done.) We offered the sellers their full asking price and have signed contracts. Our intention was to complete settlement on both transactions...

View more questions Search