Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helper05 Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2006, 08:25 PM
    A license?
    Do you need a license to drive a boat in the state of Massachusettes?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 30, 2006, 08:50 PM
    Could you contact your local DMV? They should know, at least they do here in Tennessee.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2006, 07:35 AM
    I found the following here:
    http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dptfaqs.htm#boatreg

Q: Where can I get my boat, atv or snowmobile registered?
    A: The Division of Law Enforcement's Registration and Titling Section administers the registration of more than 140,000 motorboats and 20,000 all-terrain-vehicles and snowmobiles in Massachusetts. It is also responsible for motorboat titling, which is mandatory for all vessels 14 feet or greater in length that are designed for use with an engine, including square-back canoes, some sailboats and other watercraft.

Of course this doesn't deal with the ability to operate the boat. But it may lead you to where you can get more info.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Hello helper:

I don't know either. But, here in Washington, where we have a jillion boats, you have to register them with the state AND the Coast Guard. But any Yahoo can be a captain.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2006, 07:51 AM
    I'm a Yahoo (at least I have a Yahoo address), can I be a captain? :D
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 31, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Don't know about a licence, over here I can buy a boat, and go out to sea. Stupid I know but I don't need to even have basic knowledge of the boat, navigation, safety equipment, etc. One thing I do know is you the minimum you MUST have is sort of third party insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker License [ 9 Answers ]

I need to find out information on "Breaker License" in the United Kingdom.

Business License In The UK? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend and I are looking at starting up a web site to sell comic books, manga and anime. The plan is to start with a web site and hopefully one day expand into owning a store of our own. I've just been looking over some wholesalers and a lot of them want... Now we...

Drivers license [ 10 Answers ]

I have been told it is illegal to photo copy a driver's license. Is this true? home owner LA CA

Piercing license [ 2 Answers ]

I live in El Cajon, CA I just was wandering how or where do I go to get a piercings license?

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search