Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airborneranger7 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 04:08 AM
    90s movie where a movie drove the people who watched it mad
    I'm pretty sure it starred Nic Cage but I'm not sure. As much as I can remember was Cage got hired to find this movie. There was only one in existence. An old man wanted it before he died. The story told about an entire theater that saw the movie and went mad and killed each other. No one survived the premiere. Later in the movie you find that what drove them mad was that the maker of the movie had captured an angel and tortured it or something like that.

Appreciate the help :cool:
    adolf_hilfiger Posts: 720, Reputation: 218

Sep 25, 2009, 08:44 AM
    Sounds like a couple of movies mixed together:

John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns
    -The episode concerns rare films dealer Kirby Sweetman (Norman Reedus) who is deeply in debt and trying to keep his small independent theater open. He is hired by an old cinephile, Mr. Bellinger (Udo Kier) to find the only existing print of an elusive thirty-year old movie, La Fin Absolue du Monde (French: The Absolute End of the World), which supposedly sparked a homicidal riot during its premiere at the Sitges Film Festival after which it was destroyed. The episode follows Kirby as he pursues a series of clues that lead him inexorably towards a horrific and bloody conclusion.

And

8mm
    -8mm is a 1999 mystery/thriller film, directed by Joel Schumacher, about a private investigator, Tom Welles (Nicolas Cage), who is hired to research the authenticity of an alleged snuff film found in the vault of a recently deceased billionaire, which takes him to some sleazy environments.
    airborneranger7 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Yeah it's Cigarette Burns. Thanks. New the name of the film he was searching for was French.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find a movie my SO watched on TV [ 3 Answers ]

Hello folks, I am looking for a movie, I mean the name of the movie. The plot goes something like this : Main actress is scared of relationships or something. She meets a guy and offers him to tie him up to bed for a month or something in order for him to prove her his love. So he agrees and...

I need to find a movie I watched on IFC [ 1 Answers ]

It's about a man who is working for these people out in the wildnerness, I'm not sure what he's doing exactly, but his wife/girlfriend is there with him. The head woman of the thing he is working for gets killed, they think by her son, and then her son is in charge of everything. Well, they do not...

I remember a movie I watched as a kid [ 1 Answers ]

I remember this movie in I think 1985-1988 it was about a boy and a girl and their mom. They lived in the city but were going to their grandfather's house in the country. Well they get there and after a couple of days they go exploring in the woods to follow a rainbow and they find the end and...

Movie I watched on TV in the 80's [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a movie that I watched on TV. It was probably in the late 80's. All I can remember is that the end of the movie was based around christmas time and the main character (possibly Kiefer Sutherland) and a girl were trying to rob a store and he got shot with a shotgun and died....

View more questions Search