Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xlnxzh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 12:50 PM
    F2 visa and I sell online to other state, no tax?
    Hi,
    I hold F2 visa and I sell something online to other state, not in my state.So I should not pay the tax,right? Thank you.
    cinchan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:53 AM

I don't think different state matters. As long as you are selling in the US soil then the following question applies. Is it actually OK for F2 visa holders to sell online or to have online store??

I have this question myself. I'm on F-2 visa and thinking to sell my artwork online but I'm afraid to start selling before I get confirmation that this is legal. But you already did. Did you sell something comercially or just a one-time basis? And how did you receive your payment? By check?
    If you sell things for commercial purposes then I really can't say that it's legal. As far as I know, F2 visa holders are not allowed to be employed nor to get paychecks. You'd be in trouble if the IRS found out that you get paychecks from selling online. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, it's not a matter of state, but a matter of is it actually legal for us to sell things in the US.

If anyone knows about this, please help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1b visa status need to pay income tax for eBay sell? [ 4 Answers ]

hello, I have h1b visa right now, my opt begin at 12/2007-9/31/2008.my H1B begin at 10/2008. during 06/2008 to 09/30/2008,I sell over 11k value laptops on eBay,income about 2000 dollar. First question,do I need to pay tax to IRS about my eBay income. 2,does paypal report my account informations...

Taxing income from foreing real state sell [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a US citizen since 2004. My husband and I file for taxes jointly. I'm originally from Paraguay (South America). I had bought a piece of land (with the help of my family) in Paraguay when I was still single. I sold the piece of land in Nov.2008. How do I report it? Could I treat this as a family...

Can J-2 EAD holders sell stuff online on eBay or similar websites? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Immigration attorneys, Can valid J-2 EAD holders (with no restrictions on their EAD card) sell stuff on e-bay or similar websites? (Seems somewhat tricky as its not strictly an "employment" with an "employer." Any suggestions?) Thanks, Ratan.

Sell service with an F-1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a PhD student with a F-1 Visa. Related to my field of study, I take pictures, and I was contacted to sell one of them for publication in a text-book. I would like to know if it is legal with an F-1 Visa to do that? And what type of contract should I fill? The W-9? W-8BEN? Or an other...

Sell Online [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir Hi , I'm living in Iran and wants to use "Sell Online" on my web sites to sell my products online and receive its money (earned via eshopping) by cheque , Some gateway american companies have no services for Iran , Can you tell me some company that support Iran ? Best and kindest...

View more questions Search