Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel32987 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Fake Money Orders
    I was just wondering what would happen if someone unkowingly cashed a fake money order? Will the person who tries to cash it be in trouble even if they didn't know?

:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 30, 2006, 01:31 PM
    They could be. Depends on how good the forgery is and whether they can prove they weren't aware it was fake.

You can get in trouble for passing counterfiet money under the same conditions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2006, 06:17 PM
    If you cash it or deposit it in your bank and it "bounces" they will just take the money back out of your account.

And since it is your ID and name and sometimes fingerprint used to cash it, and you are the one they bank gives the cash to, it is you they will come back to, to get paid back.

This is common in the money order fraud, someone is going to buy something from you, but sends a money order for too much,
    Or some company is going to have to deposit payments for them, and keep a small percentage and send them the balance.

You are left oweing the bank thousands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money orders [ 1 Answers ]

I 'm filing for bankrupsy in couple of months and just gave the attorney a retainer. I work in a cash business but I am not making ends meet. Could I get in trouble for having a friend to send me a money order (not a loan) to help me out? I'm cashing but not depositing the money order.

Fake teeth [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have problems with my gums and teeth.all my top teeth are fake and when I close them toghter they go behind the bottom teeth I got them done about 5 months ago and can't get used to them at all I always finnd it hard to talk cause they get in the way of my tongue and when I got them put in it...

Protective Orders and Probation [ 6 Answers ]

If a person was on probation and someone filed a protective order against that person, would that be enough cause to acclerate their sentence?

I was caught making fake money [ 3 Answers ]

I recently was busted for making fake 20's, I passed 8 fake 20 dollar bills. The police found another 15 or so in my trash. I understand that I committed a federal offense, what would be a ballpark of my punishment? I'm a single mom with 2 boys who's father recently committed suicide?

Getting rid of old drycleaning orders [ 2 Answers ]

I have a customer that has not paid storage fees for the past 9 months on an order that was agreed she'd pay $20/mo on. I sent a final notice last month giving her time to pay up or we were going to give all to a charitable organization. She signed for the registered letter, but we have not had...

View more questions Search