Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Misunderstood88 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 08:11 PM
    He wants me to do whatever he likes
    My boyfriend wants me to do whatever wants... dress like he wants... get back home in the time he wants... I mean... I would do anything for him... but... I wouldn't be happy... n the worst thing is... he can easily let me go... I'm sure about this... and am also sure that even if I did everything he wants... he would still find some reason to fight... he says he loves me... n yea am sure he loves me... but... I want to be myself... damn I don't want to piss him off... I want to do whatever he wants... but if I did... we would still fight... he's always wanting me to make him happy... but did he ever think about doing the things that would make me happy :confused:

PLEASE HELP :(:(:(
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 08:15 PM

How long have you two been together? Have you talked to him about this? I'm sensing you haven't been together long or there is a lack of communication. You shouldn't have to be someone you're not to be with your boyfriend. He should love you for who you are and you shouldn't feel like your inconveniencing yourself to be with him.

Sep 20, 2009, 08:30 PM

Yea you're right... not very long... less than four months... and I told him that I can't be someone that I'm not... he told me "dont you wanna do something that would make me happy, i want u to wear this and that"... and as I said above... I really want to make him happy... and I'm really serious in this relationship... but still I want to be myself... he loved me the way I am... why should I change... there's alotta things that I don't like about him... but I'm coping... I loved him as one package... his goods and his bads... and am fine with his bads... so why does he want me to be someone else though I just want him the way he is :(

Thanks for answering and thanks for your help :))
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Sep 20, 2009, 08:51 PM

Sounds like he is controlling. This is not likely to improve if you just continue to give in to all he asks of you. If he fights you even when you do as he asks, well then you aren't ever going to be happy. Not healthy place to be. You had stated he could easily let you go. Was this a threat of his or just how you feel? This doesn't sound like love.

Sep 20, 2009, 09:16 PM

No that's what I felt... I don't know... but that's what he did with his ex... he can let go of people easily... but if he's happy with them... he wouldn't let go... but the problem is... if I mad him happy... I wouldn't be :S... I can't be that person I can't :(
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 09:34 PM
    This guy is potentially a control freak. It will start with what you wear (has already) and then he'll want to control where you go, who you see, who you talk to. Just to make him happy.

If he does not have the capacity to allow you to be who you are and dress as you please then he's not worth being with. Please do not allow yourself to be controlled or manipulated by this guy. Control in a relationship can be a form of abuse.

You already know that you feel uncomfortable with this dynamic, otherwise you wouldn't be posting on this Forum. Trust your instincts. Make yourself happy and either leave him or tell him that you will do what pleases you and if that pleases him, great. If it doesn't please him, too bad. Don't engage in arguments with him or try to justify yourself.

Stand up for yourself and set some boundaries, it's only been 4 months, you can leave any time you want.

Sep 20, 2009, 09:34 PM

I think you might want to let him go. You sound as though you might already know this. You want to be happy and have a guy that wants you just because your you. There are others out there. Maybe you should be on your own for a while and think about what you really want from a partner. Get to know yourself.

Sep 20, 2009, 09:48 PM

I really think that I should let go... no... I'm sure I MUST... but I don't have the strength to... I think there might be other ways to fix this... though he's very stubborn... but I'm just hoping that's there's some way to fix things... sometimes I feel that he's all I ever wanted... & sometimes I feel WTH am I doing to myself... :(

I want to thank you all guys for caring enough to answer :)
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Misunderstood88 View Post
    i really think that i should let go...no...i'm sure I MUST...but i dont have the strength to...i think there might be other ways to fix this...though he's very stubborn...but i'm just hoping that's there's some way to fix things...sometimes i feel that he's all i ever wanted...& sometimes i feel WTH am i doing to myself...:(

I wanna thank you all guys for caring enough to answer :)
    Remember, that the WORSE thing you can do in a relationship is think that you can FIX the other person. It just doesn't work. If he makes you feel like this, then he's not ALL you ever wanted.

It is hard to be disappointed in love.

Do yourself a favor and let go. And, take care.

Sep 20, 2009, 09:59 PM

Just keep in mind you can't fix or change anyone. They would have to first know they had a problem and second want to fix it.
    You have strengths. Only telling yourself you don't will hold you back.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 12:44 AM
    Being in a relationship where we are supposed to change to suit somebody else is one of the biggest red flags.Most often these demands that you change will escalate.This guy s bad news and I think you know this.You can't sort him out you can only make sure that you re not hurt by somebody else s issues.So walk away from this and regain your selfrespect.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:39 AM
    No he doesn't think about you.

You may as well have joined the military.

Speak up for yourself, and break away from him. Guys like this hardly ever get better, only worse.

How old are you two?

Do you have self esteem issues?

You're living your life in service of another.

This guy is no good for you, or anyone else , as long as he's got this attitude.

Good luck to you.

Sep 21, 2009, 11:44 PM

Yes... it's sure getting worse... however I tried to satisfy him... he never gets enough... and when I say I'm doing this for u... he tells me don't do me favors :S... damn... am really fed up... both options I have right now are hard... but still letting go is harder than holding on... I told him this is a two way relationship... u can't control everything... u can't decide on everything... but I don't know... he never listens... he always tells me that what I say doesn't make any sense to him...

BTW... I'm 21... and he's 24..

Thanks guys for helping and answering :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 11:51 PM

It's not going to get any better , he's a control freak and even has you controlled to the point where you can't let him go even though you know you should.

I'd be hitting the road and taking the little bit of pain now rather than having to endure a lot more later.
    dipti jain Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Sep 22, 2009, 12:02 AM

I will say only one thing

" If you have two choices, whether to live with a guy you love or the guy who loves you, then select the one who loves you.

Because if you will select the first guy, he will have control over you, where as if you will select the later one he will care for your happiness and not think about himself all the time"

Love is unconditional feeling for someone.

So just move ahead.

Sep 22, 2009, 12:16 AM

" he's a control freak and even has you controlled to the point where you can't let him go even though you know you should. "

Yes friend4u... u said it all... I'm so sure I really should do this... I'm losing my respect for myself... I'm losing my smile and my happiness... I feel like I want to be with him so bad... but I'm so sure that I would be better without him...

& BTW friend4u... I LOVE UR QUOTE!

"There's only 1 thing more painful than learning from experience , and that's not learning from experience!! "
    Amazing one :)
    Thanks a lot :)
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 05:14 AM
    By wallking away you will start to regain your selfrespect.Trust me on that one.You don't have to stay in this relationship , you don't need him to be happy , you can find the strength to leave and the sooner the better.
    magnificence Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Mar 5, 2012, 08:50 PM
    It's very important that you do whatever he wants you to do. You must avoid confrontation with him at all costs. Remember, if you upset him, you risk losing him. He's the man, and you're just a silly girl... a silly girl that should grateful to him always. The least you can do is obey, sweetie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He acts like he likes me, but likes another girl too [ 12 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy who I really like, and he works at the stable where I ride my horse. He talks to me on Facebook and used to say I'm hot, and call me babes. He even asked me to come to his football game once at my school. When we see each other in person though, he stares at the ground. He...

How to tell if he likes you [ 3 Answers ]

What are the main hints that a guy likes you for you and who you are and to mean it, rather than sweet talk or being a player. I'm sceptical of the word player as I'm sure lads can be genuine despite having girls as friends and know the have good looks.

Does this mean he likes me? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend got me a balloon that said my nickname on it. Which is oreo. So then after my last class I was standing outside waiting for the bell to ring with my friends. So then the guy I like, lets call him bob, and his friends go up to another one of their friends who were standing close to my...

I still like my ex, but I don't know if he likes me? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so.. we broke up about 3 weeks ago, and I broke it off for some stupid reason (yeah smart me.. ) We still talk ALL the time, like more than we did when we were dating, he is a big flirt too... that's what makes me mad. I have a feeling we should just stay friends, but the fact that we're...

View more questions Search