Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fortunata2034 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Marriage after Divorce
    Can I get married one day after divorce?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2009, 10:20 AM

You shouldn't have a problem since you are no longer married.

In some locations a couple is required to wait a period to obtain a divorce, but once divorced you are in essence a single person wanting to get married.

When in doubt, as procedures can vary depending on where you live, contact your local court house or legal authority.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2009, 10:54 AM

You can one day after the divorce is final. But be sure the divorce is final.
    For example in GA a non contested divorce is really final 30 days after the hearing, not the day of the hearing.

So with that, as long as it is final, you can get married
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 04:10 AM

Oklahoma requires 6 months from the time of divorce before they will issue a marriage license. Ive been told there are similar laws in several other states. Best to call the town clerk and ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage and divorce [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I got married about 6 months ago. We knew that my husband had something like a marriage before in Vegas. But they never sent anything to the court and never signed anything. So his wife said leave me alone we are not married. So he tried to find out if he was married and couldn't find...

Marriage Divorce [ 6 Answers ]

My best friend was married 10 years ago and she doesn't know if her divorce was ever finalized.. she never signed anything to that effect. Her ex told her he took care of everything but now she is not sure. It was not a good separation. She has now been re-married for a year and the topic of...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

View more questions Search