Ask
    erikaskin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Being bonded
    Do I need to be bonded if I'm starting a carpet cleaning business
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 06:10 PM

You could have a background check, even though you may know you are clean, to prove to a prospective client, in case they ask, that you are crime free.

Tick
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 11:47 PM

Bonding is not necessary Erikaskin, unless a bid or client requires it, and that should be specified in the bid package.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Hi, erikaskin!

In my thirty-plus years of being self-employed in a number of different businesses where I've needed to go into the homes of people, I've only once had a customer ask me if I was bonded. I stated that it wasn't required in the state where I was doing the work to be bonded. That ended that and I went about my business for them.

Being bonded might look good for advertising, but it can be an expense that most self-employed people can avoid. There may be some exceptions, though.

I'm assuming that you're going to be self-employed and working by yourself. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being bonded [ 1 Answers ]

I have two items on my Police record from way before my kids were born. One was a bar fight when I first got out of the Marines and the second was an embezzlement charge. Both were misdemeanors and since then, the state of Michigan has issued me a Concealed Pistol License. I want to get a job as a...

Being bonded [ 1 Answers ]

I was bonded back in 1987 to work at Beneficial. Is that bond still good? How long does bonding normally last? If I don't still work there am I no longer bonded? Thank you

What does bonded mean [ 1 Answers ]

I was offered a job in a medical office cleanig during the night and one of the requirements is that I have to be bonded and listed what is this and where can I find information on this in the state of Florida

How to become bonded [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a internet business that requires me to become bonded in all states. Does anyone have the proper protocol in getting this done ? Appreciate all help in this matter

How do I get bonded in nyc [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to how to get boned or do iI have to get bonded to start a business

View more questions Search