Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psrbapy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 12:27 AM
    I want husband to adopt daughter from drug using bio father!
    My fiancé wants to adopt my daughter. I know we have to be married before he can do so but I just want to know how to start this process. Her bio father has a huge record been to jail over 10 times for stealing drugs wrecks and also DWI ++more. He's 25 lives with his mom and can't keep a job. He has only paid like $20 and bought a box of diapers since she has been born. She's now 11months. He isn't there for her but is prideful and says he's not going to sign his rights over to another man. Myfiance is there for her 24/7 she calls him daddy. She knows him and is very comfortable with him. He takes care of her always loves her supports her has a home/own room waiting for her. Great leader and influence. I pray that the judge sees that the man she will call daddy is a great thing and is best for her and favor in my side.I also know I have to get a lawyer to help this case. But what is most likely to happen? Any opinion is welcome this is very frustrating please pray for my family that watever may happen its for the best! Thank you all.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 01:17 AM

Since he does not sound very interested in supporting your daughter he might be encouraged to allow for the adoption if he knows once she is adopted he will be absolved of any financial responsibility.
    In the meantime I would take him to court for child support.
    An adoption can not be forced because he is a bad father.He has to agree.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2009, 03:08 AM

First, please pay more attention to posting guidelines. There is a READ FIRST sticky at the top of the Adoption forum (where this was moved from) that directs questions of a legal nature to this forum.

You start by consulting an attorney. You will need an attorney to prepare the adoption petition. By consulting an attorney now, you can lay the groundwork for getting the bio father's rights terminated. The attorney will advise you what documentation you need to get to prove the bio father is unfit.

Generally, its very hard to get an involuntary TPR. The bio father doesn't seem to care about going to jail, he doesn't earn any money to be forced to pay support. So your leverage to get him to relinquish his rights is small. So you really need to document your case well. But, I believe, if you present a case where the bio father can be shown to be a bad influence and providing no support vs a husband willing to adopt, the adoption will be allowed. But youy have to present the case properly and that's where an attorney comes in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband to adopt my daughter with unknown father [ 2 Answers ]

How do we get the process started for my husband to adopt my daughter if her father is unknown?

My husband wants to adopt my daughter her father not around! [ 6 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my daughter he has been with her ever since she was 13 months old and now almost 8 yrs old and her dad has'nt seen her since she was 12 months He pays child support only because it's court ordered but she don't know him and would probably be scared of him she don't know...

Can my husband adopt my daughter her biological father was never around [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has raise my daughter since she was days old we were married when she was about 4months his the only father in her life the biological father took off after he found out I was pregnant she has my last name and is starting school next year we both would really like her to had our last...

Can my husband adopt my daughter since the biological father is deceased? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 years old and her biological father just died July 30th. My husband has been in her life for 7 years and I would like him to officially adopt her now. Also, I get social security for her every month so will that stop if my husband adopts?

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father is not around? [ 13 Answers ]

I live with my husband and I have my daughter,which is not his biologically,but I also have a son that is his,so I was wondering if it is that he could adopt her without the father's consent,keeping in mind that her father is nowhere to be found.

View more questions Search