Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmiben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2004, 11:59 AM
    Arthritis-Daschund
    I have a 12 year old Daschund who take four steps stop shake then another four steps. His neck and head are now lower. I have visited with the Vet and was told he has Arthitis in neck and front legs. Gave medication but does not help. I need to know how much pain is my pet suffering too much. I need to know any method to keep him going
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2004, 06:51 PM
    Re: Arthritis-Daschund
    This is a very tough situation. Usually working with the vet is the best thing. They have the most effective pain relievers. Don't be tempted by some of the over the counter stuff. Tylenol can kill a dog.

I have an 11 year old Lab that is starting to show some stiffness. Her mother recently went on glucosamine.
    1miner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2004, 09:37 AM
    Arthritis-Daschund
    I have two labs, 11 and 13. The 13 year old started on Rimadyl (vet prescribed) full time about 3 months ago. Her range of motion has increased significantly and she is much less stiff. Downside is it's somewhat spendy. Labman probably knows more about it.
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2005, 10:25 PM
    You can visit this site and find information on solutions for your dogs arthiritis. It is called Shirley's wellness café. There is a wealth of info for all kinds of things to help dogs/cats etc. Hope this might be of help to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ambrotose for Arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

Has anybody ever found relief using Ambrotose for Rheumatoid Arthritis and if so what particular dosage was used and how long did it take to notice a change? Thanks... Art

My daschund [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Daschund that is about 2 and a half years old. She was a stray that dropped into our laps when she was less then a year old, she still had a puppy tooth or two. Anyway, I have noticed that she seems to go through cycles of itching on her back. She does not have fleas. IF I let her she...

Canine Arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 13 yr old miniature beagle that, lately , has been suffering from arthritis. I was wondering if anyone knows any treatments that I can provide for her myself. I am aware of some of the medicinal treatments.

Arthritis [ 3 Answers ]

Deos fish oil i.e. cod liver oil help to relieve arthritis

New Daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, We just got a new little mini daschund, a male. WE have had him about 10 days and he just turned 8 weeks. We are doing OK with the pottie training but are having difficulty with the crate. Our breeder suggested paper and out side training and we were doing both.. Taking him out...

View more questions Search