Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nickie21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 06:56 AM
    Artificial nails?
    Im Pregnant is it okay to get Artificial nails?
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Oct 27, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Yes. The fumes while getting them on might be a little much, depending on how you are dealing with morning sickness.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 29, 2006, 09:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie21
    Im Pregnant is it okay to get Artifical nails?
    You should be cautious about artificial/acrylic nails because fumes in nail salons are often pungent. If you decide to get artificial nails, wear a mask at the salon.
    nailbreak Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
    1. Do not go to Salons with pungent odors; as they are more likely to be using MMA acrylic which is NOT approved for use in Salons.
    2. Any Salon using the banned MMA acrylic is also suspect on their Sanitation practices.
    3. The approved acrylic for Salon use is EMA, which has a mild odor; but a lot of odors can be eliminated if the Salon uses a proper waste can; a waste can with an inward curved top and no moving parts.

nailbreak

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Acrylic vs. Silk nails [ 9 Answers ]

I am considering fake nails, but know nothing about them. What is the difference between acrylic, silk or gell set? Do they damage real nails? Which is the least damaging? I want a french manicure and understand that certain types of artificial nails have the polish in/on them and do not chip. ...

T-nails [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Using W2K pro and have a bunch of jpg photos in folders. Now at one time when I open a folder I could see all thumbnails of photos(actual picture) and just scroll through to pick them. But somewhere along the lines aka program change or removal, I no longer see them instead an icon of what...

Looking for sheetrock nails that don't rust! [ 7 Answers ]

I've installed quite a bit of sheetrock, and it seems that the nail heads always eventually rust, when located near a shower or tub. The screws do a much better job, but it sure seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to manufacture an aluminum alloy nail that would not rust. I've looked for...

View more questions Search