Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badtimes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 11:57 PM
    Theft Under 5,000
    So I pretty much rock, I'm 19 from BC canada- aprehended this evening for theft under 5,000. Its my first offence - I was picked up by the stores security - it was a USED shirt worth like 6 bucks ( using it for halloween didn't have any cash on me) security wrote up a bunch of paper work and faxed it to the police. I was released with a sheet of paper say I was aprehended- and was told I could get a court notice in the mail in 3-4 months. Cool... anyone know the likelyness of this happening? Also - I'm suppose to be leaving the country in 2 weeks, will I be able to leave?. even though I haven't been convicted of anything yet?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 05:43 AM
    Hello bad:

I don't think you rock. I think you're slimey little crook who's going to spend some time inside. Bet on it.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2006, 06:06 AM
    I pretty much agree with excon, you do not "rock" and this isn't "cool". Its theft. If you leave the country that might be considered flight and get you in deeper trouble.

You need to get real and relaize you have broken the law and there are consequences for doing so.
    badtimes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Hey thanks for the responses - I guess the internet doesn't really relay sarcasim to well. I clearly understand that what I did was wrong, and I fully and honestly regret it - I just don't know how to deal with this situation and so sarcasm rears its ugly head. I don't think its cool to steal - at all. I'm just a stupid and scared and looking for some help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2006, 08:17 AM
    Yeah sarcasm is really hard in written communication.

I would contact the store, make profuse apologies, offer reimbursement, promise to never enter the store again if they will drop the charges.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by badtimes
    .. it was a USED shirt worth like 6 bucks ( using it for halloween didn't have any cash on me)..
    Hello again, bad:

Dude, like it would have been a "real" crime if the shirt was new?

I can be sarcastic - I've earned it. You can't. But, I get that's what it was. Ok.

anyone know of the likliness of this happening
    Yeah, I do! Dude, it's pretty likely.

can I leave the country?
    Sure.

If you're worried and you have money, hire a lawyer. If you're worried and don't have money, wait.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Honda Del Sol maintenance 90,000 [ 3 Answers ]

Honda Del sol 93 - maintenance 90,000 Please let me know what items are necessary: 1. replace timing belt, they also want to replace water pump and add new drive belts - do I need to do all 3? (fee 550) 2. Valve clearance - I have heard that you can forget this unless you hear a rattle or...

Theft [ 32 Answers ]

The other night, Me and some colleagues hit up the local tarvern for some refreshing breverages... okay, we got hammed, and hit the bar... now vaguely I don't remember really being there, but I know I was. Appearently, I stole some beer taps from the beer well. They got me on camera, but, I...

15,000 layer digital painting [ 3 Answers ]

Check this out. Absolutely incredible!: Don't look too quick... this is NOT a photograph. http://www.bertmonroy.com/fineart/text/fineart_damen.htm (be patient, it'll load slow) Be sure to scroll down to see the zooms.

Size of Copper/pvc inside new home to max pressure from 3,000 gl tank on hill [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am building a new home in the country and have a 3000 gallon water tank 75 verticle above my (future) second story. I was going to have either 2" sch 40 pvc or 1 1/4" come down the 160 feet to my home. And then I wanted to know what is the largest copper pipe I could use inside the home to...

Theft [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am being charged with theft under 5000, 5 counts, and possession, 5 counts. What do you think the consequences will be for this in Canada? I am an adult, and this is my first offence. Please help, I'd like to know more opinions! Thanks :(

View more questions Search