Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mind140 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 09:25 PM
    Looking for book title and author - jungle adventure
    I'm looking for the title and author of an adventure novel. It is set in the jungle, maybe in the Amazon and one of the characters has a pet Jaguar. The group is made up of scientists, a guide (with jaguar) and some others. I think they are in search of an isolated tribe deep in the jungle and keep coming across large, very smart cats and they come across some crocodiles that are 50-60 feet long. Once they find the tribe in an isolated valley - it has a humongous ancient tree (10000+ years old) in the center of the village. The tree ends up having many animals/dinosaurs in suspended animation inside its' root system underground. I remember that the book ends with a bomb exploding the tree after the group escapes the valley and one of the large cats plants one of the tree's acorns somewhere in the valley. If this sounds familiar please let me know.

Most of this authors books have similar setups with 5-6 person groups off on a remote adventure with wild animals/creatures. They are similar to Michael Crichton in that the group is usually a mix of scientists and military/adventurers. The other book I remember was a group in the arctic and had found evidence of some fantastic killer creatures that were kind of like small killer whales that could walk (if I remember this correctly). They were frozen in the ice and once thawed started killing folks - they could use ecolocation as a weapon. At the end I remember some Inuit eskimos were in suspended animation for some reason. I don't remember much else. It sounds like brain candy but the books were very entertaining because the author has a very wild imagination. Thanks for any help.:)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 4, 2009, 04:04 AM

James Rollins' Amazonia and Ice Hunt.
    mind140 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 10:56 AM

Wow! Thank you.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Sep 4, 2009, 06:54 PM

You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for the title and author of this book [ 1 Answers ]

I read a book about a London rake who was sent to Scotland to pick from three sisters to be his bride from a marriage agreement made by his father and the girls father. Out of the sisters one of them does not want to marry the man so she dresses and acts horrible. The man picks her anyway and...

Book Title / Author Name [ 1 Answers ]

Author: Unknown ---I think that this was the author’s first book. Title: Unknown Category: Fiction / Drama Approx Year: 1988 – 1995 Main Character comes back to his small hometown after being away for several years. He gets together with his friends from high school. At first, it is great...

View more questions Search