Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redneckskeet01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 03:46 PM
    My air conditioner will not turn off
    Hi my name is george and today I came home and smelled a burning smell coming out of my air conditioning vents and I noticed that my fan will not turn off so I changed my thermostat but that didn't work (I have a miller unit) so if anyone has any suggestions it would help me cause I don't have the money to have someone to fix it and again thank you for your time
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 04:00 PM

Just the blower won't turn off, or does the ac unit outside run also? Look closely at all wiring and components in furnace to see any burnt areas that could have caused the burning smell. May be a bad board or fan relay, or wiring.
    wandy963 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Cut the fuse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan will not turn on central air conditioner [ 10 Answers ]

My central air fan will not turn on I had my capacitor check and it is OK I have another big thing that look like a big capacitor but it wires do not go to the fan I took it off to check it to but it is Sunday. I also took the fan off and was going to have it check on Monday. The air conditioner is...

Air conditioner fan does not turn on. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a central air unit and the outside fan does not turn on. I can feel a little bit of air flow in the house and I can hear it turn on, but the fan does not turn on and it makes a hissing sound. Can amyone help me before I melt?:(

Air conditioner fan would not turn on. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Last year everything was working fine. Both the furnace and the air conditioning unit I mean. This year we did not need it so far. Now that we needed it, we just turned the air conditioner on. To our surprise the air conditioner fan is not working. We have checked all the breakers, they are all...

Air Conditioner will not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, Noobie here - so please forgive basic ?'s. My Lennox Air conditioner will not turn on. When I switch the thermostat to cool and fan to on nothing happens. Can anyone suggest how to begin to diagnose the problem? Is there anything, such as a switch located in the furnace area that...

View more questions Search