Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiannahunt Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2009, 11:15 AM
    AF.Implantation and small clots?
    So Im in a bit of a pickle. My husband and I have been trying to conceive now for a month. I felt like I have symptoms of pregnancy. So here I was waiting for my period to come. My period was suppose to come on the 31st. (today) but 4 hours after my hubby and I made love yesterday morning, I noticed a clear discharge with some pink blood. So I went to the bathroom and had a couple drops of dark red blood come out. I assumed it was my period. :( So I put a panty liner on. And spotted VERY little for 4 hours. I went again to the bathroom to do my thing, and 2 very small clots came out. So I changed the pantyliner and I did not bleed for 4 more hours. Went again to bathroom and passed a clot the size of a nickel. Then spotted VERY little for 5 hours. When I decided to go to bed I again went to the bathroom and sort of Pushed to see if anymore blood would come out, and I passed 2 more clots the size of a nickel. Went to bed, and didn't start spotting until I woke up. I did have on and off cramping but not anything like if I was onmy period. So my periods have NEVER been like this or ever came early. This 1st day of bleeding I bleed a good amount. It's the second day and its not like a flow I don't think. I thought well maybe this can me implantation bleeding. Or early spotting in pregnancy. Its bizarre. Never experienced anything like this. WHAT do you guys think? Implantation bleeding or period? Please help me Im so confused. I have read online that some women when they implantation bleed once in awhile develop small clots..?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 31, 2009, 12:52 PM

Implantation will occur 7 - 10 days after ovulation and its very light (most women do not experience it at all). It would not occur the day your period is due and most likely you would not see clots.

Clots are signs that your endometrial lining is shedding - a sign of your period I'm afraid.

Since your period is due, take a HPT with first morning urine. Some women do spot in early pregnancy (I did) so its important to get medical care right away if you are.

Good luck

Sep 1, 2009, 10:49 AM

Ok well this morning I woke up TO no blood. EVEN when I used the bathroom, just some brown stuff. :) Bleeding lasted 1 1/2 day. And I usually bleed at least 4. NOW what do you guys think. Is a little bit of thick blood considered clots? Maybe what I saw want clots??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 11:53 AM

Could be an off period, could be spotting, could be many things including pregnancy.

Sadly we really can't give you a definite answer.

Have you taken an hpt?

Sep 1, 2009, 12:27 PM

I have took one two days ago. 4 hours before the bleeding started. Was negative. But I heard that you can't get a positive until implantation bleeding has started. I have been know to not ovulate around the middle of my cycle. With my daugter I conceived a couple days after my period, so I know I'm off on that. My hubby and I Had sex probably every three days,sometimes every two days. Just depends. Can a blood test detect pregnancy before a early pregnancy test?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhiannahunt View Post
    I have took one two days ago. 4 hours before the bleeding started. Was negative. But i heard that you can't get a positive until implantation bleeding has started. I have been know to not ovulate around the middle of my cycle. with my daugter i concieved a couple days after my period, so i know im off on that. My hubby and i Had sex probably every three days,sometimes every two days. just depends. Can a blood test detect pregnancy before a early pregnancy test?
    Implantation bleeding isn't that common, so the myth about only getting a positive when implantation bleeding has started is false.

It could be too early to test though.

Wait another week and retry. Make sure to use first morning urine as it's more accurate.
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Sep 2, 2009, 12:14 PM

There is a possibility that you could be pregnant but the best thing you could do is wait a week or so then do another test. It is common however for women to experience an irregular or unusual period once in a while EVEN IF YOU HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE! The brown coloured blood that you described is usually old blood that your body is getting rid of. Let us know how your test goes soon x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding with small clots and cramping! [ 2 Answers ]

Last time I posted I had been to the er and they said I was 5 1/2 to 6 weeks prg. But no heartbeat detected and I was lightling spotting. They would not do anything until I saw my obgyn which I can't do until Monday. I have been lightly bleeding now for over a week. Late yesterday afternoon the...

I'm having big clots [ 1 Answers ]

I am 19, I have had a baby a year ago, and I always have regular cycles and flow. I just started two days ago and yesterday about 2 30 I changed my tampon then not 10 min later I had blood all over me, I went inside and was worried but I just cleaned up, and got in the shower while I was in there I...

View more questions Search