Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GPN Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 12:23 AM
    WinXP unable to login .
    I am having WinXP SP2. I have 3 user account. One admin account with password and two user account without password.
    The problem is whenever I boot my PC, it goes till the login screen. In the login screen it shows that three account. But I could not able to enter any of these accounts (when pointing the mouse to the user name no hand symbol appears, only default arrow mark is seen). Only after two or three restarts I can able to login in.

I removed my antivirus (mcAfee) and also deleted a user account, removed the password for the accounts and tried. But no improvements.

I could not able to find what the problem is. Please direct me to solve the problem.
    Ramish Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 01:03 AM
    Repair your Windows with the OS CD which you first used to install your OS or have someone to do it if you are not familiar with how to Repair Microsoft Windows XP. It is probably due to System DLL files lost (NTUSER, WINLOGIN etc)

It will help I believe

CHEERS;
    Dizzy49 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 11:07 PM

I'd also highly recommend running Malwarebytes AntiMalware, and CCleaner on your system to clean up any lose files and registry settings left behind.

Sep 2, 2009, 11:49 PM
    If a user is not able to LOG IN, how can he/she install a software and go through the rest of the process?

Anyway, if you are recommending something CUI based (DOS), then the user needs to have command based environment knowledge and skills.

CHEERS;
    Dizzy49 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 11:56 PM

No, I recommended running Malwarebutes and CCleaner to clean it up after they can log in. It will help prevent other anomalies in the future.

It was not meant as an answer on how to log in, it was in addition to your suggestion of doing a system repair since I agree that is the best option.

Sep 9, 2009, 03:58 AM

I formatted my C drive.. Now things works fine..
    Thanks for your Suggestions..

Sep 9, 2009, 04:37 AM
    Formatting your drives is a Microsoft Certified Solution "hehehe"

I was concerned about your DATA on C drive that is why I suggested/recommeded OS Repair technique.

Anyway, hope you are OK with it.

CHEERS;

Sep 11, 2009, 02:13 AM
    Ramish,
    Thanks for your concern.
    The drive was also virus infected, so I thought formatting would be a better solution.
    sauravsen20009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 07:51 AM

My windows sp2 block the webpage. Don't send display the webpage.

Oct 15, 2009, 07:54 AM

My windows sp2 block the webpage. Don't send display the webpage. Give me ans.

Oct 15, 2009, 07:55 AM

My windows sp2 block the webpage. Don't send display the webpage. G.Host block the webpage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to login [ 3 Answers ]

We are unable to login to any accounts on a Winxp on my laptop. All accounts, (even the admin account when booting in safe mode) get to the welcome screen, and then it will say "Saving Settings" and then kick you back out to the login screen again. Even I am unable to boot the windows xp cd at...

Unable to see SharedDocs, WINXP [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam: Please let me know if you can help me to resolve the issue described below. Problem description: 2 computers (desktop with WIN XP Pro SP3 and laptop with WINXP Home SP3) are connected via D-Link router to the " home or small office network". When attempting to access...

Unable to share files in winxp & win2000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hye ! I have two PC one is having windows XP pro and other one is having Win2k. XP PC is having sify broadband which is shared by default windows sharing ( ip - 192.168.0.1 ) to win 2k machine. And its working fine. Now the problem is when I try to access xp PC from win2k it is showing...

Unable to go login after installing windows XP [ 3 Answers ]

After I install windows Xp.welcome screen appears,after that I'm unable to go login screen.the computer is always restarting over and over again... Does anybody there have a solution for this? Thanks A lot!. :)

Unable to login... winxp [ 8 Answers ]

We are unable to login to any accounts on a Winxp Home machine. All accounts, (even the admin account when booting in safe mode) get to the welcome screen, and then it will say "Saving Settings" and then kick you back out to the login screen again. Doing some searching, I've found this problem,...

View more questions Search