Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmholla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Hooking an upconvert dvd player to my polaroid hdtv
    I have a Polaroid HDTV and just purchased a Philips DVD player with 1080I upconversion. How do I connect these two devices? It came with the basic audio/video connections. The player comes on but I cannot get it to play on my TV. Can you help me with the info given? Thanks!
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Aug 29, 2009, 05:55 PM

What kind of cable are you using? If you are using an HDMI cable, 1 wire with a rectangular end, you plug one end into the DVD player and the other end into the TV.

You then have to select the correct input on your TV. HDMI carries video and sound so it should work fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up a dvd/vcr combo & PVR to hdtv [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Samsung HP-S4253 (Samsung HP-S4253 Specs. Flat-panel TVs Specifications., I currently have a Motorola DCT 6416 III (Hardware - HDPVR) hooked up to it (its setup through Shaw Cable) and I also have a Panasonic DVD/VCR (DMR-ES46V) (DMR-ES46VS - Hot Deals - Shop and Compare at...

Hooking up DVD to new Sanyo LCD HDTV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my first question ever, and my first DVD and LCD TV - I am new at all this - Samsung DVD/VCR (all in one) supplied one cable with a white, red and yellow at each end. I plugged red and white at one end into DVD audio out; the yellow into video out. Sanyo HDTV has 3 rows of all different color...

Hooking hdtv,hdreceiver and dvd recorder [ 1 Answers ]

I try to connect my hd TV, panasonic dvd recorder and hd receiver , but I couldn't , I want able to record programs in my dvd recorder.Can someone please help me step by step how to set done this. I have: Olevia lcd hdtv Connections: Hdmi Component s-video Rca

Polaroid 40" LCD HDTV lost all its HD channel [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Polaroid 40" LCD TV about a year old. I use it only with HD antena (No cable or dish). I used to get all the free local channels HD broadcasts. However, yesterday the TV lost all its channel. It keeps on flashing message that scan for channels, and when I scan no channels are found. ...

View more questions Search