Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhubb Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Nordyne e2eb-017HB blower will not stay on more than a minute
    Nordyne e2eb-017HB. Replaced blower motor, capacitor, both fan relays, contactor &, transformer in the inside unit. The compressor and fan outside runs. Inside blower will come on with auto set on t-stat to cool, for about a minute, then shuts off, for another 7 minutes, then comes back on. The repairs started due to electrical in unit getting wet (and shorting out, motor was charred), due to clogged drain line. This was 5 days ago. Now it will only come on for a minute at a time. Cold air blowing like normal.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 08:29 PM
    http://www.batchelorsupply.com/Nordyne/Modular/E2E(H,B)%20series%20elect.%20furn.pdf

Above is a diagram and other info for your unit.

It is possible the new motor is wired wrong OR something is controlling the motor to do what it is doing, The standard units wiring diagram shows no special time delay features and unless you have some fancy thermostat that controls air circulation you should not be having this type of problem.

Aug 28, 2009, 08:53 PM
    OK makes sense. The replacement motor isn't prewired with connections like old motor, but is supposed to be correct model. I will recheck the diagram for it. Tstat is programmable, but just standard model. And I already checked it out, so must be difference in motor wiring. Thanks! I must be getting tired...

Aug 30, 2009, 01:53 PM

OK I re-wired the motor per the diagram you sent. Blower will come on, run for a few minutes with tstat set to On. Any ideas? I have rechecked the wiring a dozen times, and I have some training in elecetrical, it looks correct.

Aug 30, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Something is causing the motor to stop running after a few minutes. You can check the motor itself removing any controls in the circuit. What I mean is that by wiring the motor directly to the power it will eliminate any other item in the circuit that might be causing it to turn off in a few minutes.

Disconnect the power wiring at the motor and then connect those two wires directly to the uncontroled power source in the unit. I have jumpers made up for this type of thing but you can just attach the wires and insulate them from shorting for the test. Once you connect directly and turn the power back on the motor should not cut off until you kill the power.

This will tell us weather you have a motor problem or a control problem in the system cutting the motor off.

Aug 30, 2009, 06:43 PM

OK trying that now. The smoke alarm going off is still a mystery. There was no smoke!

Aug 30, 2009, 09:01 PM
    You do not need smoke to set of a alarm with some detectors. You might have wired something wrong when you wired direct to the unit power supply in the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Diagram For Nordyne E2EB-017HA [ 4 Answers ]

I depespeatly need a wiring diagram for this unit. Any help would be great. Thanks

Nordyne e2eb-15hb furnace : [ 2 Answers ]

my furnace thermostat displays all modes & the letters HP when trying to go into emergecy heat( 15kw electric)

Nordyne Model # E2EB-023HB [ 4 Answers ]

Maybe you guys can help me. My heater will come on for about a minute or so, then kick off for about 30seconds and repeats this cycle. I have replaced the 2 contacts as I was told that might be the problem. Still does the same thing. I have cleaned the a-coils,. etc... as well... Any...

Nordyne wiring diagrahm for E2EB heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nordyne heating the Ac relay has burned out I need to purchas new relays and find a wiring diagrahm for the heater to rewire

Nordyne E2EB-020 Ha. Ac/Heater, having problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Nordyne Model # E2EB-020HA, SER # E2E010105593. Have had problems with this unit. Had a heating contractor come out 3 times, but still have same problem. You turn the ac on, it runs good for a while. When it cuts off, the heating coils come on and stay on, but blower does not come on....

View more questions Search