Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolajoy Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Kids TV.early 90s
    There were puppets involved somewhere.. the woman that lived in the house/greenhouse would plant a seed and put it into a tree and an owl would twit-twoo when the plant was fully grown... it would always be something to do with what she had been talking about earlier... im sorry if this is too vague... im pretty sure it was an english kids TV show.. on itv maybe :)
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Aug 28, 2009, 10:59 AM

Greenclaws?

Greenclaws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Greenclaws was a big green monster who lived in a greenhouse. Every week, Iris would visit Greenclaws. They would put a seed in a plant pot, put the plant pot inside a tree, wait for Owlma (a mechanical owl) to alert them that the plant was ready, answer three riddles/questions from Owlma (which were always along the lines of "Twit twoo, twoo, twit twit twoo?" and then translated into English by Greenclaws for him and Iris to solve), then open the tree to find the plant had grown in to something bearing unusual fruit. Each episode featured a song filmed (lip-synched) on location, most of which were written by Hilary James and Simon Mayor. There would also be a story told featuring ancestors of Greenclaws while the plant was growing, accompanied by illustrations."
    lolajoy Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2009, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by notcoolenough View Post
    Greenclaws?

Greenclaws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Greenclaws was a big green monster who lived in a greenhouse. Every week, Iris would visit Greenclaws. They would put a seed in a plant pot, put the plant pot inside a tree, wait for Owlma (a mechanical owl) to alert them that the plant was ready, answer three riddles/questions from Owlma (which were always along the lines of "Twit twoo, twoo, twit twit twoo?" and then translated into English by Greenclaws for him and Iris to solve), then open the tree to find the plant had grown in to something bearing unusual fruit. Each episode featured a song filmed (lip-synched) on location, most of which were written by Hilary James and Simon Mayor. There would also be a story told featuring ancestors of Greenclaws while the plant was growing, accompanied by illustrations."

That is exactly it! Thank you very much :D:D:D:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kids movie from early 90s [ 3 Answers ]

I can't remember the name of this movie to save my life! It starts with a brother and sister in a house then they go in the closet or something and they are taken to like a jungle and they meet this puppet, and they have to get to some place and on the way they find another puppet that has been...

Kids Film 80s early 90s [ 2 Answers ]

The film is about a little boy, as I recall, who has a teddy dinosaur, he takes the dinosaur everywhere and when no one is around the dinosaur comes to life. I remember one scene where he takes the dinosaur to school in his backpack and puts it in his locker, can anyone remember this film? :) The...

Early 90s kids movie! [ 2 Answers ]

So I've been looking for the title of this movie for SUCH a long time. I used to rent it all the time when I was younger and my Mom doesn't remember the name. The movie started with real kids playing in their back yard. They end up going down their yellow slide and it leads them into another...

Early 90s movie.for kids. [ 2 Answers ]

Oops I accidentally posted this in the television forum... my bad!! I was just wondering if anyone happened to know the name of this moive... Hello everyone... just trying to figure out a movie that I really liked in elementary school. It was about a group of friends and then one is sent to...

Early 90s-Mid 90s Kids Show [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a kids show that used to be on Nickelodeon during the early to mid 90s. It's about a group of kids who sneak onto an alien ship and end up traveling in outer space together. There was a girl who was purple, and the only other character I can really describe is...

View more questions Search