Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    news Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 05:42 PM
    HIPPA/ Invasion Of Privacy
    I was injured on the job back in November and went to their doctor and was approved to work and the employer didn't like the response. I went to my private doctor in January and discovered my employer in my doctors office and he had called the day before to make an appointment as a new patient. I learned later he had been hounding their doctor for my med information and my doctor was furious. What can I do? I'm open to suggestions and contacted the Office for Civil Rights, and since he's a private employer and he's wouldn't be covered by HIPPA since he's not a health care provider.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 05:44 PM

It doesn't sound like the doctor told him anything so the only problem I see is your boss being rather rude to sum it up in one word.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 07:02 PM

Right, I don't see what the problem is - he asked, the Doctor didn't answer. I am not aware of any law that forbids an employer from seeing the same Physician as an employee.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Did the private doctor give out any info on your medical condition? If not, then there is no violation of your rights.
    news Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
    My employer lives 300 miles from me and he made an appointment and paid with private insurance in order to get medical confidential information.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by news View Post
    My employer lives 300 miles from me and he made an appointment and paid with private insurance in order to get medical confidential information.
    The question still remains... Did he get YoUR information?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by news View Post

No problem with any of this - your employer can travel wherever he wants and pay however he wants and ask any questions he wants.

As J9 has said - did he get YOUR medical information?

As a side note - how did you find out about all of the questions? From your Doctor? If so, I don't know why the Doctor didn't simply deflect the questions and then keep this to himself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invasion of Privacy? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my Rights to Privacy when engage in an internet chat with someone. I was chatting with a friend of mine, who I had most recently slept with. She was planning on moving from Ontario to Alberta, and breaking it off with the guy she was with. We chatted for 3 weeks after...

Invasion of privacy (cameras at work) [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all where I work they have just built a new workshop for repairing vehicles, they have put up many cameras , but the one I need to know about is they have put one up in our mess (tea) room, can they do that or is it a invasion of our privacy?

Invasion of privacy [ 2 Answers ]

Moved in with a homeowner and recently found a pinhole wireless camera in a plant in the bathroom that I shower in what do I do?

Invasion of privacy? [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone is in the legal field maybe you can help. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about INVASION OF PRIVACY. A person has hired a private investorgator on me took all these photos hacked into my email and is now threating me with them. She's saying she's going to send all these privaite...

Invasion of privacy? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know if installing a web cam in a bar with no notification to the public that it is there constitutes an invasion of privacy? If so, what needs to be done to allow the bar to install said web cam? Thanks,

View more questions Search