Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeluv1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Hair growth
    Hey can anyone who has had short hair and now has long hair tell me what they used to grow their hair out and how long did it take thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2009, 05:25 PM

I don't do anything special to grow my hair long. It usually grows about 6" a year on average. I've had very short hair and I've had very, very long hair (long enough to sit on). There is no "magic" formula to make your hair grow any faster than what your body normally does. Sorry.
    leeluv1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 03:44 PM

Well thank you for the reply
    stylist101 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2009, 11:15 PM

Prenatal vitamins and a multi vitamin! Other than that there's not much! All depends on your DNA!
    heartshinegirl Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2009, 12:25 AM
    Also... you should know that hair length is hereditary. Not every person can grow hair long enough to sit on no matter how hard they try.

I can grow my hair down past my butt, so can one of my daughters. My other two daughters unfortunately cannot. One of them can only grow just to her waist, and the other one half way down her back. A lot of people do not realize this, that hair length is inherited.

Yes, hair continues to grow but it only grows to a certain length before it falls out, and on some people that is very long, and on others it's very short.

Nov 16, 2009, 12:29 AM

Here's a link you might like:

How to Grow Your Hair Long - LoveToKnow Hair

Nov 16, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Here's a photo of my hair from the Summer of 2007 when I was over in London.

Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leeluv1 View Post
    hey can anyone who has had short hair and now has long hair tell me what they used to grow their hair out and how long did it take thank you
    Hair grows about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) per month. If you have malnutrition of some sort, it'll grow more slowly. Othewise, there's little you can do about it. Eat a balanced diet, and your hair will grow. There's no magic pill to make it grow faster.
    azngyal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 02:31 PM
    I heard that rubbing you finger nails together grows hair... :-s although I am nt certain that it works 100%... its some sort of yoga... I have tried it and I think it worked... But that's me, do the research and try for yourself... x
    ... ♥ Hpe This Helpppzz Yhoo... ♥
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azngyal View Post
    I heard that rubbing you finger nails together grows hair....
    Yeah, right... NOT!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair growth [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used "HAIR ESSENTIALS" vitamins for hair growth ? Just started 2 days ago and wonder if it really works. I am a 59 year old male and receding some in front and back. They said you should be taking them for at least 90 days. ANYONE??

Hair growth [ 3 Answers ]

Does eggs make your hair grow

Sir, I am rakesh.. in my childhood I used to have lot of pimples so I used to apply lot of anti mark creams on my face.. Now its like my beard is not growing uniformly.. patchy patchy its growing.. And in some its not growing at all... What to do... I want to have a full beard... And also...

How can I make my hair grow? Its breaking more and more every day and I am not putting anything hot in it.:(

Hair Growth [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is a little bit passed my shoulders, but the length is uneven. I wanted to know what I can do to grow my hair quickly?

View more questions Search