Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jphorner13 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2009, 11:21 AM
    I feel betrayed by my best (guy) friend, what should I do?
    Here's the story: two years ago I was in a two year relationship with this guy who left me for someone else. I was in high school then. Since then, I've had problems with the girl and her 5 friends. I got into a controlling two year relationship after that one ended where I couldn't talk to any guys, therefore almost losing my guy friend. In that time, he became friends with my ex and all the girls who don't like me. I recently left the controlling relationship and rekindled my relationship with my best friend. We get along better than brother and sister and I couldn't picture my life without him kind of best friend. Here's the fun part, he doesn't involve me in anything having to do with that group of people. He knows they're the immature ones and I haven't done a thing wrong to them, we've talked about it. They STILL, two years later, in college, talk nasty about me. It's quite ridiculous. So I told him if ever a time comes when he wants all his friends together, I won't make it awkward, I'll continue to just be mature. His 19th birthday was a few days ago, and come to find out he invited all of them as well as a ton of other people to dinner, and not me. He didn't return my calls that day, didn't say thank you for my birthday wishes, nothing. He told me before he was going to have separate parties for them and for his other friends, which was fine, I understood.. but he combined it into one, aside from me. I'm honestly really hurt by this... what should I do?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 11:27 AM

Hey,perhaps he does not think of you as his closest friend?
    You may,but he does not.

This was a horrible thing to happen but try and move on from it,find some friends that won't treat you badly and will respect your feelings.
    priderose Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 12:45 PM

sorry about that , but it looks like he doesn't value your friendship. So maby it's time to move on & find friends who understand you better.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Of course you're hurt, that's totally understandable. Do you think that he was trying to protect your feelings by not inviting you? Or, it may be that he felt awkward because he's torn between 2 groups of friends? Leave it for a few more days and then send him an email asking how it went. Let him know you were disappointed not to be there. See what he says.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Aug 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Maybe you should find a different friend. I really question his judgment, based on the fact that he is close to people who belittle you and make nasty, unnecessary comments about you. Does he go along with them when they're together? Does he admonish them? There are plenty of good people in the world... I'd look around. Take care...
    lindacentenzor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 06:24 PM

That's ed up. You need to confront him and tell him what an he is. Or just show him this post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I feel betrayed? [ 18 Answers ]

A little background info: My husband and I have tried a few things to spice things up and to explore things sexually (together). We have 1 couple that we have tried things with together. This past weekend we got together, we were going to bed (each couple had separate beds), I attempted...

How should I feel about this? I feel betrayed and upset [ 13 Answers ]

Another thing, I just found out this morning. Ages I've been on my boyfriends Facebook on my phone to edit stuff for him (he knew about this) and gave me his password. He's changed it now though and I don't know it which is fine because he wants his privacy. However, now, I couldn't get on my own...

I feel like I just betrayed my good friend. [ 2 Answers ]

let me start by saying I am 15 1/2 and that my school is fillled with sluts. I was at a party and the guy my friend liked for 4 years started to dance with me, like freak with me, and I went along thinking it was all in good fun.. after a few drinks I got a little tipsy and started to really...

View more questions Search