Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnonymousBoi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 03:38 PM
    I Serious Social Problems.
    OK
    I'm a Freshman in college. Ever since 9th grade, people have been laughing at me because of the way that I look. I'm not UGLY but I'm not good looking either. I have had girlfriend's before. So now I'm in college and it seems like everywhere I go, I can always spot at least 3 people laughing at me. I don't know why, I just want to fit in like everybody else. Everyday my confidence level drops then goes up, drops then goes up and I don't know what to do. I try not to worry about how other people view me or think of me but it's hard to do. I want to be able to go up an introduce myself to girls without being shy and awkward, I want to be able to talk to people in class. I'm tired of feeling like this, I want to just be happy with myself and live my life and not care what people say or think about me. I need confidence, I need to stop being shy, I need to open up, loosen up and just enjoy life but I don't know how, I'm tired of every time someone talks to me my hearts starts beating fast. If someone can please help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Give advice or anything that could help me "step my game up". Thanks a lot!!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 04:50 PM

Maybe people really aren't laughing at you but because of your insecurity you feel that way.

Chances that every time you pass a group someone is laughing at you are rather slim.

I know money may be tight but perhaps you just need a make over.

Maybe a new haircut and some different clothes.

Ask a friend who you really trust to help you re do yourself a little bit.

As far as confidence goes I can tell you what I learned in a sales seminar designed to boost confidence and thus increase sales.

Give yourself a mental pep talk.Change your inner dialog from I am not worthy to a dialog that is the opposite.

Whatever assets you know you have ,remind yourself of that.

"I am bright and funny and nice and people would benefit from knowing me".

You can't just say it,you have to say it and believe it.This is where practice makes perfect comes in to play.

Stand up straight and look people in the eye.Walk like you have places to go and people to see.Simply changing your body language improves yourself esteem.

Also if you are feeling shy,simply act like you are not.The credo is fake it till its real.

After a time ,it will be real for you.

And finally.value yourself and know that you are as worthy of happiness an anyone else.

It takes work and practice but even the shyest person can come out of their shell and flourish!

Join a club or extra curricular activity and meet like minded people and you will have a common interest to discuss.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between social problems and sociological problems . [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between social problems andsociological problems , and how does functionalism help to deal with thee problems?

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Social Problems and Sociological Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Differntiate between social problems and sociological problems

Equations for Gas, Volume Problems (grade 11 problems) [ 1 Answers ]

I just need to know the formulas in order to solve the following questions because my teacher gave me a review on everything but I don't know the formulas at all. I know how to solve the questions though. I did them before but I just need the formulas in order to solve them... I forgot them. ...

View more questions Search