Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iversonb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Roofing heat tape
    I need to run heat tape along a seam between an exterior wall and roof.
    Can heat tape be run through copper or other type of pipe that can than be mounted to the roof?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:02 AM

Can you explain further the need to use heat tape?

Does the roof connect to the wall where flashing is installed?

Is there ice build-up by this area that requires heat to be present?
    iversonb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 06:48 AM
    This roof comes off the exterior wall and covers a porch and stair area.
    I live in an area where we get a LOT of snow and have had problems with ice daming to a point where water will back up as far as the seam between the roof and the wall and have had water get into the wall.
    I have removed the snow stops and just need a heat source that I can turn on if the snow gets as far as the exterior wall.
    I took the siding off and ran snow shield 2 feet up the wall and 2 feet under the metal roofing and that should stop it but I want this as a last line of defence.
    I have had numerous configurations of heat tape and the snow slides and pulls it off so that's why I wanted to run this right at the joint under the eaves but thought that if I could run it through gray plastic it would match the roof and be protected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roofing [ 2 Answers ]

I am building a 24x30 cabin,the roof will lay on the 30 ft side,and there will be a loft,the loft I want to have clearance of a least 7 ft,I want to use 2x6x20 for the roof,but I need to know what angle should I cut the 2x6x20 to get this pitch??

Roofing ! [ 3 Answers ]

Which is a better way to go roof shingles or a metal roof . And which is more durable and lasting ?:)

GFI Selection for gutter heat tape installation [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a specific GFI device for use in wet locations? I have exterior outlets that I want to use to power heat tape on the roof and gutters. Thanks :)

Roofing job [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for average price to tear off existing metal roof and purlins (1100 sq ft) lay down osb decking and shingle?

IB Roofing (pvc) vs. CertianTeed Roofing [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between these two roofing materials. I am in charge of having a roof replaced for our city council. We have had several contractors come in and give us estimates and its down between these two. Both are at the same cost. This is going on a building with a flat...

View more questions Search