Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Hematoma won't go away
    About three weeks ago I fell and bruised my lower left leg. I large swelling, about 3 by 4 inches quickly developed on my leg in just a few minutes. I assumed it was just a bruise and would eventually go away. However, in a few days my foot and toes began turning purple. I saw a doctor and he said the purple spots were just caused by blood from the bruise draining down and would clear up soon, which they did. He also advised me that the swelling on my leg was a hematoma and that would also soon disappear. However, it has been three weeks now and the hematoma hasn't diminished any. It isn't discolored at all and the skin is a normal color. It isn't really painful, just a little tender to the touch. Is it normal for a hematoma to take this long to go down, or maybe should I seek another doctors opinion?

Check out some similar questions!

Ear hematoma [ 4 Answers ]

My dog dad ear heamatoma . Done surgery. Now post op day 10. Stitches yet to be taken. But now he have got thick ears at drained site. :(. Seems the cartilage is thickened. No new hematoma. His ear is floppy.. Why is it due to... Will his ear become straight again..

Dog has hematoma on ear [ 2 Answers ]

My Dog Has A Hematoma On His Ear It Is Not Bleeding Or Anything Should I Just Leave It Go...

Dog ear hematoma [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We recently took our golden retriever, Sadie, to the vet with an ear hematoma. $400.00 later, we took her home with a drain in her ear and lots prescriptions. They removed the drain three weeks later, but of course with the ear hadn't healed where the drain had been and the ear filled up with...

Canine ear hematoma [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 year old chocolate Labrador developed an ear hematoma in her left ear. She previously had the same problem in her right ear and at that time we had it drained and stitched closed in what I can best describe as a quilted pattern with many stitches. This time we had it drained and immobilized...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.