Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dolores007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Barking dog
    Miami, Florida. I have a German Shepherd (Star), that has been accused of nuisance loud continuous barking. My dog does not bark continuously, I will not allow it however, my back yard neighbor is continually complaining to code enforcement about my dog barking. He clams he sleeps during the day and he hears my dog bark continuously. He has already got some other neighbor friends to complain. The Code Enforcement Inspector has sent a notice to remove the dog from the property within 7 days. If not, I must go in front of a board that assesses penalties for not complying with the order. The Police came over my house many times and found no barking. The Cod Enforcement Inspector came over my house and found no barking however, code enforcement still ordered the dog removed from my property.
    My back yard neighbor also put a copy of the criminal law on my front door that a person can get up to 60 days in jail having a barking dog. The last time Police arrived at my house responding to a barking dog call, all he heard was a barking dog three doors down from my house. The Police Officer then stated to me that, I am being harassed and called for a case number on the incident.

My question is; what rights do I have to make my case?
    Can code enforcement order a removal of a dog from the property without a court order and sufficient evidence of continuous barking?
    Do I need a lawyer?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores007 View Post
    Do I need a lawyer?
    Hello Dolores:

In a word, YES!

excon

PS> (edited) Ok, that's not enough.. The law isn't about who's right or what's fair. It's about winning. You can't win without a lawyer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores007 View Post
    My question is; what rights do I have to make my case?
    Can code enforcement order a removal of a dog from the property without a court order and sufficient evidence of continuous barking?
    Do I need a lawyer?

Anyone can pretty much sue anyone at any time. If you are being harassed and can prove it you not only can sue you have a good chance of winning.

Yes, the dog can be ordered removed from your property. Of course, you present proof it's not your dog. The neighbor presents proof it is. Someone in authority believes one of you.

Yes, you need an Attorney if you want to prevail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

De-barking a Dog? [ 98 Answers ]

What can you tell me about de-barking a dog? Can it be reversed?

Barking Dog going to be taken away! [ 6 Answers ]

My friends boyfriend has an Akita that is disrupting the neighborhood with constant barking. She has a doggie door, and loves to be outside. She doesn't bark when there is someone home, but as soon as they leave, the barking is constant! If she is left inside during the day when they are at...

Dog barking to go outside at 3am [ 13 Answers ]

Hello. We have two 5 year old, female weimaraners. Awesome dogs. However, in the last month or so one of them gets up to go outside every night at around 3:00am. She goes outside before we go to bed and pees. When she goes out at 3am she pees and poops. She'll bark outside our bedroom door and then...

Barking Dog [ 2 Answers ]

Paddy and his missus are lying in bed listening to the next door Neighbour's' dog barking. It had been barking for hours and hours. Suddenly Paddy jumps up out of bed and says "I've had enough of this". He goes downstairs. Paddy finally comes back up to bed and his wife says, "The dog...

Barking mad [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have a 2 year old long hair dachshund he is my best friend and we both have been through a lot together especially this year , but he has a barking problem. When I go to work he barks all day and I only know this because my neighbours have complained about him . When he is with me he is...

View more questions Search