Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alyeska Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Aug 20, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Alcoholic mom
    Hello!
    I am embarrassed, but my mom is an alcoholic. I am 14 and I live alone with her. There are no friends or relatives nearby to support. Molm drinks a box of wine every day! It got worse over this summer. School will start in few days, but I am not even registered to it yet. School is isn't at a walking distance, so mom will have to drive me every day. I am afraid that she wouldn't be able to do that, and I would miss school. Usually she can't even walk or speak normally. I feel so helpless. Also, when mom is sober for short periods, she would go get wine in the store but not food. :mad:I don't really have anything to eat, and she doesn't eat at all.
    I know that what I wrote might sound betraying, but I need advice. Please don't tell me to talk to mom about it, because she would get very angry and deny it. She doesn't want any help.
    Mom wants to find a new man, but no one likes an alcoholic. She is drunk from the very morning to night. How to live with that?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:15 PM

What country do you live in?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:17 PM

Previous post you described two vacations you went on this summer. Not cheap ones either. One you described going with parents and in another with moms boyfriend. Are you sure you are being honest?

If so, I would go to my schools guidance counsler and repeat to him/her what you have said here. He/she will help you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 07:21 PM

Yep I suspect a Troll. I just read she lives in San Diego and if the law is the same nationwide if you live over one mile (15-20 minute walk) the school is required to bus you.

Plus if it is her school district from previous years there would be no registering required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I deal with an alcoholic? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I've never really used these things but I'm at the end of my tether so here goes; I've just moved back to the family home and been told by my mum that her mum (my grandmother) is an alcoholic. Apparently it has always been this way but it was kept hidden from me and my 2 brothers. My...

How do I get rid of my alcoholic roommate? [ 3 Answers ]

I have lived with my roommate for three years, none of them happy. She is on the lease and pays her rent on time. She is an alcoholic who for the time being is trying to stop drinking. The first two years she was drunk, the last year she has been on the couch in front of the TV in our living room....

Alcoholic or not? [ 30 Answers ]

What do you consider an alcoholic? Someone who sleeps on a park bench with a bagged bottle? A 'respectable' citizen who drinks 3 times a week? A binge drinker? Someone who can't stop once they start? Just wondering what other people think?

Alcoholic boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

How can I help my alcoholic boyfriend?He knows he has a drink problem and says he will change and get help but hasn't as of yet.After reading some of others peoples questions I've realised I am an enabler which I will now stop.He has in the past become slightly violent and he's always aggressive...

Alcoholic [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a drinking problem, we have been involved for almost 9 months in the beginning of this year... he quit alcohol for 2 months becoz he wanted to ask me out... I then agreed to go out with him... about 2 months into our relationship he started drinking again but not heavy... about a...

View more questions Search