Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy717 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 04:31 PM
    Floppy Paw Syndrome (Greman Shepards)
    I don't know if I can find the answer here but I'll give it a try

I have a 5 month old german shepard the we took the University of Penn Vet Hospital
    And was told he had (Floppy Paw Syndrome). Would like to find some information on this
    Thanks
    Jimmy
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 29, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Never heard of it, but check here http://www.leerburg.com/table.htm he breeds, raises and trains the best German Shepherds and should be able to help you.
    Did they give you an actual name?
    Congenital and Genetic Conditions found with greater than average frequency in the German Shepherd Dog (point to name for description):
    Autoimmune Lymphocytic Thyroiditis Behavioral Abnormalities Calcinosis circumscripta Canine Allergies Canine Atopic Dermatitis Cataract Cellulitis Cherry Eye (Eversion of nictitating membrane) Chronic Superficial Keratitis Cleft lip Cleft palate Coloboma Corneal dystrophy Cutaneous asthenia Cutaneous vasculopathy Cystinuria Dermatitis, atopic Dermoid cyst Discoid lupus erythematosus Ehlers-Danlos syndrome Elbow dysplasia Entropion Eosinophilic Panosteitis Epilepsy Esophageal Achalasia Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Fragmented Coronoid Process Gastric Torsion Glycogen Storage Disease Hemangiosarcoma Hemophilia A - Classic Hemophilia Hemophilia B Hip Dysplasia Lens Luxation Lymphedema Lysosomal Storage Diseases Malabsorption Syndrome Optic Nerve Hypoplasia Osteochondritis Dissecans Osteochondrosis Osteochondrosis Osteosarcoma Otitis Externa Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Pemphigus Periana Fistula Persistent Right Aortic Arch (PRAA) Pituitary Dwarfism Progressive Retinal Atrophy Renal Cortical Hypoplasia Retinal Dysplasia Seborrhea Selective Immunoglobulin A (IgA) Deficiency Subaortic Stenosis Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Thyroiditis Ulcerative Colitis Ununited Anconeal Process von Willebrands Disease

Following are health screenings often performed on breeding German Shepherd Dog adults; choosing a puppy from a breeder who tests parents for health can help avoid future health problems in your puppy:
    # Cardiac Evaluation - OFA
    # CERF Screening (Canine Eye Research Foundation)
    # Elbow Displasia (OFA, by X-Ray)
    # Hip Dysplasia (OFA or PennHIP)
    # Mucopolysaccharidosis VII (genetic test)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2006, 06:10 AM
    I have looked at the Leerburg site in the past, and find it a good example of an out of the mainstream, misleading site. I am not going to take time to critique it, but reputable sources differ from it. You might do as well to do a net search on your own. Perhaps try http://www.avma.org/communications/b...mal_health.asp You can do a search there on topics not covered. Count on getting reliable information there.
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 30, 2006, 09:31 PM
    You find eveything out of the mainstream if it isn't your opinion. I only offer the site as a source of a well respected (althought not by you) German Shepherd breeding that has years of knowledge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Restless Leg Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. My daddy doesn't have the time so Im asking for him. HE says he gets restless leg syndrome every once and awhile and would like to know what causes restless leg syndrome? Thank you.

Floppy disk fail [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just putting a computer togather now when I turn on the computer after it's done all it's check it'tells me floppy disk fail how can I fix that?

What is the "blinking less" syndrome called? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, you know how people who spend a lot of time in front of the computer blink much less than people who don't? Well, is there a name for this?

Formatting the hard drive without a floppy [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my laptop. What happened is that when I turn my computer on it won't boot. It just has a black screen with a white curser at the top left side. I have tried to reinstall with the recover cds. But the hard drive is full and it won't let me. I think it has a virus or...

Floppy? [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure how to put this? I have a camera with a floppy disk that you take the picture then put the disk in computer.( It works on a friends computer) When I put it in my computer and go to My Computer and click 3 1/2 Floppy it says Diskin drive is not formated so you say formate and then it says...

View more questions Search