Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 10:13 AM
    I need to know a simple drive/file encryption software that a beginner can use.
    I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to computer security, to me, as long as I have an anti virus, firewall, and clean my disks often, I'm good. But I just learned all how encryption and all that and is now wondering if there's an encryption software that's easy and simple to use, not complicated like TrueCrypt (which requires you to make a rescue disk or something which I could never successfully make). I've also installed and tried FineCrypt, which is also very complicated.

I need a effective yet simple encryption software (freeware). Here is a list of encryption freeware :

Encryption software for Windows

If your good at those things, could you look at the list and tell me which is best for me? I'm not really in any need for security, since I mostly use my computer like any normal kid would use it, nothing business, no bank account or anything like that, but just in case my laptop got stolen I don't want all my files to be read. Thanks :D

Er, and I'd want to know if the software is a full drive encryption or just file/folder encryption?

Check out some similar questions!

Time to file simple assalt or pushing charge [ 2 Answers ]

Sunday 11/09/08 at 11pm my wife and I had unwanted high school seniors in our driveway they were asked repeatedly to leave the drive ,one of the males pointed to her and told not to point fingers and approached her he is 6 2 she is 4 11 I then pushed him away and asked him to leave he finally did...

Hard drive backup software [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased an external hard drive and I am looking for a good backup software that will allow me to backup my c drive and restore it when a problem does pop up. Any suggestions

Hard drive or software [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000. It is a year old and out of warranty. It will not boot. It let me boot it from the safe mode for a while but Now that is not working. It starts up and gives the Windows screen But it stays on that screen and the moving icon (showing it is Responding) freezes. ...

Hard drive software reload [ 15 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what's the best advice for wiping a hard drive and re-loading all software, including Windows XP? :eek: I've been advised through another thread in this forum to do that after all else failed in trying restore PC performance. I've backed up all my personal files to an...

Folder and file encryption on server [ 2 Answers ]

As a consulting manager I have to manage teams of 20 or more people. As we work on the client site, we only have access to the servers of the client. We create folders on the servers client to keep all of our documentation and be able to share it within the team. In this documentation, some of...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search