Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punchxcore Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 07:05 PM
    He asked me to text him when I made it home after we hung out.
    So I hung out with a guy from a dating site that lives 45 minutes away from me, and he told me to text him when I got home, as I was about to leave. Do guys do this because they are interested in you/truly do want to know you made it home safe or is it just common courtesy for some guys? Or a combination of both?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 07:09 PM
    It's probably a combination of both. No big deal, just text the guy when you get home.
    davep5 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
    he's a nice guyy... me and my x girlfriend did it.. we live 1/2 hr away from each other.. he truly cares about you and wants to make sure your safe
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Hi, punchxcore!

It sounds to me like he is being very polite and that he does care.

Thanks!
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 16, 2009, 09:42 PM

It seems like he's a nice guy and that he likes you!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:22 PM

I say he's a nice guy, pretty courteous, maybe likes you, but not all that much. Texting is not a language of emotion.
    If he really felt a connection, he would ask you to call, to hear your voice, not text.

Just my opinion.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:45 PM

I agree that texting is far from romantic. But I'll also admit that me and my boyfriend text much more than we call each other. Whether it's making important plans, saying "i love you" or a reminder that one us is supposed to buy milk. So I guess my point is maybe he just prefers texting to calling. At least he asked. I've gone out with guys that didn't even care.
    rosebud135 Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Aug 16, 2009, 10:47 PM

I think that's sweet.
    He cares.
    In most cases that is.
    Did he said it like he wanted to talk to you or did he just say in a sort of mono tone voice.
    If not then he likes you.
    (:
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    i agree that texting is far from romantic. but i'll also admit that me and my boyfriend text much more than we call each other. whether it's making important plans, saying "i love you" or a reminder that one us is supposed to buy milk. so i guess my point is maybe he just prefers texting to calling. at least he asked. i've gone out with guys that didn't even care.
    Hmm... well, I just think it's a hassle, and pointless. I mean, it takes more time to text a two page, well, whatever, than it does to say it. Plus, it has no emotion, no sense of personality. I mean, how do you know a stalker didn't steal his phone and is saying that? You can't even verify that it's who you think it is.

My girlfriend knows not to text me. If she texts me, I respond with "Call Me" and nothing else. If she really wants to talk, she'll call me, and she knows it. But, she's gotten better. She only texts me when she's somewhere where she can't talk. It works. :)

Aug 17, 2009, 09:05 AM
    Well, he asked me to text him cause he was going to be going to bed after I left, or at least taking a nap.. until he had to wake up for church that morning. So maybe he thought a text would be more appropriate for that.

Aug 17, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    I mean, how do you know a stalker didn't steal his phone and is saying that? You can't even verify that it's who you think it is.
    Haha seriously? That's a bit drastic and out there. And I don't know about you.. but I could have something texted in the time it would take me to look up the number and for them to pick up. T9 is a wonderful thing. :D Also, my ex and I texted all the time. In fact, we never talked on the phone. He thought it was awkward. I think texting is a nice thing when you don't want to be bothered with talking on the phone.

Aug 17, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud135 View Post
    I think thats sweet.
    He cares.
    In most cases that is.
    Did he said it like he wanted to talk to you or did he just say in a sort of mono tone voice.
    If not then he likes you.
    (:
    I wouldn't say he said it in a monotone voice, but he just wanted me to text him when I got home, so I told him I would, then I got in my car. I sat in it for a few minutes trying to find some music to put on, and I sort of felt like I was being watched. I didn't know if he was still standing there, and when I went to back out, I noticed he was still standing in his garage watching me. I'm assuming to make sure I left.

I'd like to think he is interested, but I've met so many guys from this dating site I met him from, only to never hear from them again. But I was talking to him on IM for a few days prior to meeting, and he mentioned I could go hang out with him, so I did.

I just asked this question cause I have personally never had a guy care so much as to whether I made it home or not. My ex was the only person who ever told me to text him when I got home, but that was a given since we lived an hour and a half away. In fact, if I went out with a guy, most of them usually just dropped me off and didn't bother to walk me to my door.

So I wasn't sure if it was a case of.. if this is just how he is and is this courteous with everyone, or if that shows at least a spark of interest.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 18, 2009, 09:48 AM

It show concern for your safety, so I would say he cares, or is a gentleman.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 18, 2009, 10:00 AM

I would say that you're overanalyzing a simple request.

It's just a text. Sometimes it really just is that simple.

Stop over thinking everything otherwise you'll drive yourself mad.
    overayear Posts: 100, Reputation: 19

Aug 18, 2009, 10:29 AM

I do the same thing and sometimes it was because I was interested and other times it was because I would like to know the person got home safe after hanging out with me. The point I am trying to make is that this request is not enough to know if he is interested in you or not. Don't look into it so much.

Aug 18, 2009, 10:58 AM
    What's the point in knowing I made it home safe if it so happens that I'm never going to see the person again? I mean, seriously. Why do they care? I know if I wasn't interested in someone, I wouldn't ask them to text me when they got home.
    nikki0846 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Its def a good sign, if the date would have went bad he would have said he would call you, but he didnt lol so i would say he really cares..........
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 18, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by punchxcore View Post
    What's the point in knowing I made it home safe if it so happens that I'm never going to see the person again? I mean, seriously. Why do they care? I know if I wasn't interested in someone, I wouldn't ask them to text me when they got home.
    Then you already have the answer to your question. :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 12:31 PM

I have an idea that should end the wondering. :)
    You posted this question a couple days ago. So I feel safe in assuming that the date was a few days ago. Have you heard from him since? If he hasn't texted back more than "ok" or something just to let you know he got your text about getting home, he was probably just being polite. If he's texting things like "i had a great time, we should hang out again." I'd bet he's really interested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's a good home made facial? [ 3 Answers ]

Can people ples giv me sum recepies for home made facials! Retail one are so expensive and don't even wrk!

Home made dog biscuits [ 25 Answers ]

I've changed my dogs food to an all natural and realized that I should change their cookies too. The all natural foods are very expensive and I was hoping that some one has a recipe for dog biscuits, maybe with peanut butter. I have found some on line, but not sure if all the ingredients are good...

Mobile home 4 sale-no title- asked to sign hold harmless [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking at a mobile home in Georgia. It is a foreclosure. Agent says there is no title for mobile home just land. They asked me to sign a hold harmless document. The price is half of its value, but I am concerned about the no title issue. Have any wisedom?

Home made gift? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, so I have been with my Bf for 4 months and his birthday is coming up in about a week from now and I don't know what to give him. I asked his old babysitter and his brothers what I could get him. They said anything that I can make him he will LOVE! Other of his ex's have made him...

Home made Rolls (Yeast) [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my yeast rolls to market. These are homemade yeast rolls. Every time I make them people want to buy them. Everyone keeps telling me to get these in the store. Any suggestions on how to sell the recipe or manufacture to get into the market place.

View more questions Search