Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boormand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Sounds like water running
    I have the constant sound in my bathroom as if water is running somewhere. The sound is loudest under one of the sinks. I checked the water meter outside, but the dial is not turning so it's not water. This is a single family home, so the sound is not coming from any other place. What could cause this and could it be a real problem?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 01:37 PM

Does your meter have a very small triangular poniter in the center of the dial, if the pointer turns water is moving.
    boormand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Does your meter have a very small triangular poniter in the center of the dial, if the pointer turns water is moving.
    It does have that type of pointer... I had someone flush the toilet while I was looking at the meter just to make sure that it was working correctly... afterward there was no movement on the meter
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 01:54 PM

Then your sound is not water. Could be a furnace fan, a/c condenser, etc... but notwater

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rushing Water Sounds in Plumbing [ 9 Answers ]

I have been experiencing intermittent rushing water sounds in one specific location in my plumbing. I used to get this, which sounds exactly like my sprinkler system turning on (even when it is not), only occasionally. Last night, it started making the noise every 5-10 minutes. The rushing sound...

Tower Is Making Sounds Like Something Running [ 3 Answers ]

The whole time I am online, it sounds like something is literally running in the tower. My PC seems unusually slow. If there are programs running in the background, how can I stop them?

Sounds like toilet is running? [ 3 Answers ]

Sounds like toilet is running constantly but the toilets aren't running. Even after I turn the water valve off for the entire house, the sound is still heard. This has been happening for a few days now. What could this be? And why is it happening? Thank you:confused:

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Horn sounds /water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... trumpet sounds are heard every time we flush, turn on the water etc. It is getting worse. What is the problem and can we fix it? Teddybear42

View more questions Search