Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 06:20 AM
    Should I still be in a relationship with a boyfriend that cheated on me?
    Hi, here's my story...

My boyfriend and I have a long distance relationship. He lives in NY and I'm in FL. We first met while living in different states, and are still that way today. So we just see each other every few months. I know it seems crazy, but we knew what we were getting into and decided to anyway. Everything was great, we fell in love, met each others parents, and were really serious. We then started fighting and having arguments over the stupidest things. Then I found out that my boyfriend cheated on me almost 2 years into our relationship. He didn't sleep with her, but made out with her, gave her a few hickeys, and dropped her off at her house. I know they didn't sleep together because I decided to talk to this girl through aim. I was able to get in contact with her through a mutual friend. I found out that he cheated through that mutual friend, she called me 2 days later and told me what happened. I didn't believe it at first, because I trusted him with everything. I never imagined my boyfriend doing something like that. This was the guy that I saw myself with for the rest of my life.

He didn't come forward and tell me that he cheated, so I had to ask him about it. I could tell he was acting weird and was trying to avoid talking to me on the phone. He said that he couldn't tell me because he was scared, didn't know how I would take it, that it was a stupid mistake etc. My friends kept telling me to break up with him, that I couldn't trust him especially being in a long distance relationship. To keep things short, I decided to give him a second chance.

A few months later I found out that he picked the same girl up in his car and went to a house party with her. Supposedly nothing happened, he was with a mutual friend of theirs in the car and at the party. Then a month after that he went to the same girls house for a bbq with more friends. He didn't tell me about any of these things right away either. After a lot of yelling and figuring things out he finally decided not to ever see this girl again. He says I'm the one for him and that he didn't know what he was thinking when he did all those things.

It has been 3 years now and we are still together, things have been okay since all of that. I don't fully trust him. I'm wondering if I ever will? I know I'm trying to keep this relationship going because I do love him still and put so much into us. I find myself thinking about that time and questioning our relationship. I wonder if I made the right decision? Am I trying to hold on to something that just won't work? I can use some advice.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 09:22 AM

You have a long distance relationship so I would say get on with your life. The only way you are going to have a real relationship is to move closer.
    If you don't see yourself doing that then there really is no use even bothering with the bf/gf stuff with him.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 02:10 PM

At first, you might feel your love is strong enough to overcome it but you ll soon realize you deserve so much more. Plus long distance makes it even so much more harder. I learned it the hard way.

Do what is best for you. If the relationship is unhealthy than break from it. Having a healthy relationship is so much better.
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Aug 15, 2009, 02:59 PM

Something has to give! Either you move closer or he moves close to you. That's the only way it will work. If not, I would just move on. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend cheated [ 17 Answers ]

Hi my boyfriend cheated on me has I said .am still trying to forgive him but I don't trust him at all . But I now I found out that he has been flirting with other girs:(

I cheated on my boyfriend, should I tell him? [ 11 Answers ]

I am so confused at the moment. I have had a year of self destruction and its getting to the point where I'm not sure if I can carry on. In May I got together with a man who is so wonderful, entertaining and warm. I had never met someone as amazing as him. And we had an amazing time together. The...

She cheated on me 3 weeks into our relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend started dating about a month ago now.. I lost my virginity to her and we are both 19. She came over about a month into our relationship and broke up with me crying so much. She left after telling me all of this crap and called me a little bit later and confessed her love to...

My boyfriend cheated [ 5 Answers ]

I wrote on here about my boyfriend cheating on me with a young girl .ive been trying so hard to get it out of my head but I can't am so angry I can never forgive him but I keep thinking about it all the time .I don't know what to do... :(

Long Distance Relationship - She cheated on me with an old friend [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Hope you can help, I met this american girl a year ago while she was studying in london. She was introduced to me by her friend (let's call him BOB), I met Bob on a holiday in 2002 and hadn't seen him for a few years but had mild contact when he passed through London on his world travels. He...

View more questions Search