Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    youknow1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 07:47 PM
    First time offender pardon
    What steps do I take to go purchase a fire arm legally; since I have my rights back as a citizen of Louisiana?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:07 PM

You go to where you want to purchase the firearm and they have you fill out the forms. Then once the forms are approved you are set to go. If you have your rights back then I would think you wouldn't have to do anything prior to this.
    Xanvel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 01:11 PM
    I am about to undergo this same procedure. But logically, you would have to make sure that you have your first offender pardon. Next make sure that your felony doesn't fall under RS 14:2, if so, then you will have to make sure that either you have a sheriff's permit, a gold seal pardon from the governor, or 10 felony free years have passed since successful disposition of your sentence. You would then go to the gun dealer, and fill out the forms for the ATF... and pray that the state of Loisiana has everything updated. If the transaction is delayed, you must wait three business days, and then your FFL dealer may release the gun to you, providing the BATF doesn't deny the transaction. If it is denied, you must get a copy of the NIN#(?) or transaction number, and you can appeal the decision to the ATF. That can take 3 to 6 months. You going to have to be fingerprinted, and send them all your information... www.fbi.gov NICS appeals information is on there. Goodluck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much time do you get for a gun charge first time offender [ 9 Answers ]

How much time do you get for a gun charge first time offender

First time offender law [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are in prison for sexual offense. I was wanting to know what the first time offender law is and how it can be used for someone that has spent half of there sentence already?

I have 7 counts against me I am a first time offender [ 12 Answers ]

I have seven counts against me I am 20 years old I work part-time go to school and do community service hours. But I got caught up in something really stupid and now I face seven counts which include fraud under C.C. 380(1) 2 counts, Uttering forged document C.C. 368(1)(a) 2 counts, possession...

Regretful first time offender. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I obviously made a really bad decision and tried shoplifting from the Bay. The instore security piced me up and charged me. The Police came and said if they decide to charge me I'll know by mail in a month or two. What should I do know? I regret doing it and I can't imagine having to wait 2...

First-time offender shoplifting [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 60 yr-old, unemployed caught shoplifting first time of S$46.00 valued. What will be the penalty in Singapore law?

View more questions Search