Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bullitt103 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 08:29 AM
    What's the right thing to do when buying a car with $15,000 balance from financing co
    I'm bying a car from a private party. However, the car has an outstanding balance of $15,000 from the Toyota Financial Services. The seller told me that I have to issue a check for the balance amount to him, then he will make a written agreement that I'm buying his car for this amount. He will then issue a check to Toyota Financial for the full amount so that the pink slip will be mailed to him or to me.

My question is - is this the right way to do it? I don't want to be scammed. What is the proper procedure when buying a car which has outstanding balance?

He wants me to issue a check today as reservation or else he will give the car to whoever offers him a higher price.

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thank you!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 08:47 AM

Sounds like he is pressuring you.
    I think I would find another car
    I hope somebody replies with the exact procedure. I think something doesn't sound quite right here.
    Bullitt103 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 09:08 AM

Thanks for your answer NOhelp4u. The owner is leaving the country in 2 weeks that's why he's in a hurry. Thanks.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:28 AM

He could give you until Friday or something.
    Check with the notary and with a Toyota dealership and ask if that is how it works

What year is the car?
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 06:42 PM

You should look the car up on here to see if he is over charging.

New Cars, Used Cars, Blue Book Prices & Car Values - Kelley Blue Book

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

How to prepare a balance sheet referring a trial balance [ 5 Answers ]

How to prepare a balance sheet from a trial balance ? Can anybody help me by giving An example Regards alanani

How to record partners'current acounts in the trial balance and balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Two persons started their own business with the amount of dhs 175000 paid by one of them who doesn't work in the company . And the other one work in the company as a general manger .Considering the money as a loan to be paid back to the partner within 18 months, when their first financial...

Cannot balance the balance sheet from trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to attach the trial balance information. ASSETS Current assets Cash 197,000

View more questions Search