Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimberley1964 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Living liver donor
    I am donating the right lobe of my liver and I am just wondering if there is anything that I can do to cleanse the liver naturally by food and vitamins.I would like to make sure that I have a good diet and is there anything else I can do to make my liver a healthier one before the transplant.Any help would be great!Thank-you:D
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 11, 2009, 12:23 PM

The doctors who are doing the transplant should be advising you on what to do and what not to do, kimberley. Just stay away from alcohol entirely. If they are taking part of your liver, then they probably already know you are a healthy donor.

Tick

Aug 12, 2009, 04:16 AM

Thank-you I am staying away from alcohol.I just thought maybe there was some foods that I could eat or vitamins that might help me and maybe cleanse the liver.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 04:23 AM

Don't try to improve a good thing, kimberley. You had best leave well enough alone and go along as you have been. Like I said, you wouldn't be a donor if the doctors didn't thing you liver was fine the way it is.

Best to you

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimberley1964 View Post
    Thank-you I am staying away from alcohol.I just thought maybe there was some foods that I could eat or vitamins that might help me and maybe cleanse the liver.
    The doctors will guide you in the right direction. Anything that you may here hear could possibly risk your donation as we are not doctors specializing in transplant surgery.

Aug 12, 2009, 03:56 PM

I never thought of it that way.I just wanted to make sure I was doing whatever I could to ensure a really healthy liver.Thanks for the input. :D
    vivekrao111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 10:25 AM

My father is 55,he is suffering from kidney disease,the recent test report shown:
    Serum Urea=199
    Serum Creatinine=7.8
    Serum Cholesterol=144
    Serum K+ =5.2
    In the previous reports both Serum Urea and Creatinine were 167 and 7.4
    He is taking medicine from SMS hospital Jaipur from past three months.All I want to know is how we can reduce Serum Urea and Creatinine.Please suggest some quality medicine for this.
    Thank you
    Vivek yadav

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are YOU an organ donor? [ 8 Answers ]

I was watching a program on Discovery Health (or something similar) the other day that was discussing the benefits of stem cells for aiding in repairing injuries and advancing the medical field. It got me thinking about how, with stem cell advancement, we could grow organs in a lab, and not have...

Egg donor [ 2 Answers ]

I donated my eggs to a family in need about 11 years ago. I have since had my own healthy children but am curious how the child is doing... it was suppose to be an open Type of adoption per say, but I don't know how to find the family or lawyer. I do not wish contact, maybe just a photo and...

Plasma donor [ 1 Answers ]

Does donating plasma affect your body?

What is the similarities between a pig liver and a human liver? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the similarities between a pig liver and a human liver?

View more questions Search