Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inaru Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Aug 10, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Pokemon. The Mew glitch
    Does the "Mew Glitch" really exist? In Pokemon Red and Blue (don't know about Yellow... ) there is supposedly a glitch that allows you to catch Mew. I've seen videos on Youtube and stuff, but I don't know if it's real or not...
    kiragira Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2009, 11:41 PM

There is no Red/Blue Mew to my knowledge. However it IS possible to encounter one in Yellow (it freezes frequently so I've never gotten a chance to attempt catching it)

West of Lavender Town, there is an underground tunnel (which leads to Celadon city) right next to the guard station where a "nerd" (possibly "cueball," I forget). You cannot have beaten him yet. Stand just below the door to the underground tunnel, and then walk one or two more squares down, so that the trainer "sees" you. There is a very brief window of time here when he notices you during which you can pause the game. Then, while in the menu screen, "Fly" to Lavender Town.

I'm not sure about this last part, but you either go in Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town, or you re-approach the nerd. It then throws you into a battle with Mew.

I used to exploit this glitch all the time for fun as a kid, so my memory is probably shot. Come to think about it, Mew might even appear in an encounter with a Medium...

The Mew Trick

Actually, this sounds just about right. I don't recall the Youngster being a part of the equation, but I suppose you could try the trick minus the Youngster and see what works...

Anyway, bottom line is it's very possible in Yellow Version to encounter Mew. Catching her is a whole different story, but I never tried to do so anyway.

I assume you've heard of the Missingno. right? Ah, my game was so weird after I caught that and SAVED. XD
    Inaru Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Aug 11, 2009, 11:11 PM

Thanks a lot lol I might try it sometime myself. And the Missingno. yes, heard of it lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this pokemon? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have these figures that look like pokemon and have a small round magnet on the back,does anyone know what they are called? I have tried adding a photo and converting the size but with no success Many thanks

DS Cheat codes for Pokemon Diamond Version [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone have codes or a link to codes for the Pokemon Diamond Version for DS. Thanks

Remember Pokemon Crystal? [ 2 Answers ]

Do you know where to find the master ball? Don't give me open ended answers such as, "Look on this website" or anything other than how and where to get it. Just the answer. Thank you.

Pokemon dimond [ 1 Answers ]

I know I spelled it wrong but I need help with it I have the one for and and I can't find seal case or pokemon #114 if you can help me on either of these please.:confused:

View more questions Search