Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imagator1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 04:56 AM
    Water flowing into ice maker when using water dispenser
    I have a GE profile side-by-side refrigerator. I noticed that water was dripping from the ice maker and getting all over the food in the freezer. Also the ice was all clumped together and wouldn't dispense through the door. I cleaned everything and removed the ice maker and adjusted it to make smaller ice cubes. After putting everything back together, I noticed that when I dispensed water through the door, I also had water flowing into the ice maker causing it to overflow. The icemaker seems to be working fine as long as I don't use the water dispense. I have no idea what to check next. Please help.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 06:06 AM

Something is wrong with the water solenoid valve for icemaker. Usually there are two valves or two valves built in one unit. Can't imagine what would be happening but apparently there is an electrical connection between the two, causing the icemaker valve to open when the dispenser is used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator Kenmore Coldspot No water coming out of water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator Feb 99 Model 57562792 – there’s no water coming out of the water dispenser, however it is making ice. The lines are not clogged. There is a small unit in the lower corner in the back where the main water line goes into. There are two waters lines coming out of it -...

What is the device called that keeps the water well pump on when water is flowing? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the devise that keeps the water well pump on when water is flowing at a certain rate to keep the well pump from going off and on? Thanks, Donaldson

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

GE ice maker/water dispenser not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE ref/freezer with water and ice dispenser in the door. The water dispenser barely trickles water and shuts off, the ice maker produces a minimal amount of ice. I know that the water flows freely from the copper pipe to the refrigerator, and when I removed the water filter and...

View more questions Search