Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TiMaCK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 06:38 PM
    College RA wants tenant to move with 1 week notice
    I attend college in Kentucky and live in an apartment that the college runs, but also has non-student tenants. Since we only have 2 students in our room this quarter, we received a notice to move to another apartment with 2 other students. We were told today that we have to be out in five (5) days and into the other apartment. Don't they have to give us a longer notice than that? Also, the rent has been paid here for the month, so shouldn't we be able to stay here until the end of the month? It would seem that the school is trying to skirt Kentucky housing laws in this case. If I move before the end of the month, would I be entitled to a refund of the rent I paid since they forced me to move? (At least pro-rated for the remainder of the month since they are forcing me to move?)
    This is really frustrating since this is the middle of the quarter and they want me to move my entire apartment in FIVE DAYS, and this is the first time I am away from home, so this is a lot to deal with for me.
    Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 06:42 PM

What does your written lease provide about moving to other apartments.

Is it more of a "dorm" than an apartment
    TiMaCK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 06:55 PM

I looked over the lease, and I don't see anything about moving to other apartments. I remember them saying something about combining students in apartments that aren't full, but I can't find it in writing anywhere. And they are actually apartments, not dorms

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Length of notice required to ask tenant to move [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to move into my condo in Tustin, CA. My tenant is month-month for 3years. How much notice is required.

Calif Tenant move out notice time required on 6 mo. Lease [ 2 Answers ]

In California, on a 6 month lease, what is the required notification time for a tenant to advise landlord he is moving out? The 6 months expired on June 1st - it is now June 7th and no rent or word from tenant. I emailed yesterday and called today - no return yet.

Landlord accepts keys and one day rent check with 1 week notice to move out then. [ 7 Answers ]

My rent was raised a full 10% last September and I could no longer afford To pay such high rent and was scared it would be done again this year so I Called the property manager and told her I would be leaving unless she Would call the owner and let them know I am a single parent struggling...

Tenant give landlord 30-day notice, then doesn't move.Now what? [ 2 Answers ]

Tenant in California, gives landlord a 30-day notice to move. Now 30-days is up, tenant is current on rent, but is not moving. Can the landlord file an unlawful detainer using the TENANT's 30-day notice and it will hold up? Or does landlord have to serve their own 30-day (or 3-day notice if...

2 week notice [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer terminate you after you give 2 weeks notice without pay? I've heard of employers terminating employees but paying them for the 2 weeks. Someone that works in HR here in California says an at-will employee can be terminated without cause after they give notice and there is no need...

View more questions Search