Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    licmarilyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Getting Married in Australia
    HI everyone, I'm new in the forum and suscribed as I read good answers to the questions.

My name is Paula (24) and come from Argentina, despite the fact I'm now living in nz. My boyfriend is kiwi and just moved to Australia (but has the PR as he lived there many years) to have everything sorted when I move there.
    The problem we have is the following:
    We are planning to get married (In Austrlia would be of course due to the decision was made once we separated) :(

1) what kind of visa should I get? As I come from argentina and can't apply for a working holiday and don't want to have troubles in changing the "type" of visa once been married (my problem is about working cause I don't want to be without a job till getting the permission)

2) can we start the process being apart one from the other?

3) what should I do to get a permission to work? Before getting married and / or after that? (students visa may be? At least I can work 20hs)

Additional info about myself which might be useful: I have a bachelor's degree in Marketing and Trade (internationaly validated and also translated) relevant work experience (teaching at uni, sales chief and young professional) and one month ago I took the IELTS in which I got an overall score of 7 (any component below 6.5)

I'd really appreciate it if you guys can help me with those issues. I know, they are too many, but would be awesome if you can

Thanks a lot in advance
    Kind Regards
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 12:57 AM
    Why don't you just ring up immigration in NZ and ask them?

Or, speak to someone at the Argentinian Embassy, if you are still an Argentinian national.

Immigration to Australia can be quite complex, particularly if you want to get married there, and neither you nor your BF is Australian.

I suspect, as an Australian, that it will be more difficult than you think.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 05:59 AM

This is a immigration law question: Immigration Law - Ask Me Help Desk

Calling the embassy is a good idea.

You should also retain a legal counsel, i.e. an immigration lawyer, to help you determine your rights.
    licmarilyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 04:53 AM
    Thank you guys
    I might do that tomorrow, now I'm just sending an email to the argentinian embassy here in nz

I thought (imagining) wouldn't be so problematic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PR in Australia [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I am going to Australia for s higher studies.I have done B.Tech in computer Science and now I am going to pursue BIT+MIT( in 2years).Can u tell me what r the chances of getting PR in Australia on the basis of my course.This course makes 120 points needed for PR. Please reply

Job in australia [ 3 Answers ]

Hai I'm devarajan doing MBA II year , I would like to work australia still I have no friens and relative there ihow can approch job By deva

View more questions Search