Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tr3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Craftsman LT100 mower trouble
    Was tuned up in May of this year and ran OK for a while. Starts and runs for a half tank of gas then stops. Happened several times. Was told it could be bad gas. Got a good brand of gas additive with same results. Was told it could be a bad gas cap so replaced it with same results as before. The last time it ran well but stopped to talk to neighbor after turning it off, tried to start again but would not start. Was getting gas in carburetor. I have been in the drivers seat every time the mower was running so the seat was engaged for operation. Thinking it may still be the gas, drained tank got new gas, but haven't tried to start yet. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 7, 2009, 06:59 PM

Hi,
    I am thinking you mean an LT1000. Where is the fuel tank? Model number is always helpful.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Craftsman LT100 [ 1 Answers ]

Mower was running good then all of a sudden it just shut off. I can crank it without any trouble and it runs good, but when I let off the brake or try to engage the blades it shuts off again. I had heard there was an oil censor if the oil got too low it would not crank but this is a little...

Craftsman mower stopped moving but blade engagement still works and mower starts [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone help me determine why my craftsman kohler engine 16hp manuel transmission riding lawnmower stopped being able to move but still is able to turn on/off and engage the mower blade? I have checked the clutch but it appears to work since the mower is able to be turned on/off. All of the...

How do I change the mower belt on a Craftsman LT2000 Riding Mower? [ 1 Answers ]

My belt broke that operates the mower blades... How do I remove the cutting deck and replace the belt?

Craftsman LT100 starts but dies quickly [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Craftsman LT100 that will start and go about 100 feet and then die. We are trying to figure out what is wrong so we can work to repair it. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how we could go about fixing it?

View more questions Search