Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariam2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Felony probation violation
    I am on felony probation and I got arrested for fighting but the other person did not press charges! But they did charge me with public disturbance and I bonded out my bnd was 500 and they said it was a misdemeanor but I went to my probation today and she said I violated for being out of the county and for getting arrested do you know what could happen to me
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 08:57 AM

If your PO violated you, then you will have to attend a violation of probation hearing. The judge will determine your fate. It could be do your entire probation time in jail, it could be more probation. Depending on the Judge it could be one or the other. We have no way of telling. Also, how long you have been on probation violation free does not really matter to the Judge.

Look at your sentencing paperwork you got when you were sentenced and see what the Judge ordered originally. This could give you an indication of what was on his mind the day you got sentenced and help you understand what you are possibly in for punishment wise.
    mrsjeepgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 07:41 PM

I have a friend that was on probation and she has been recently been charged for larceny and now there getting her for felony probation violation will they give a warning and extend her probation or will she have to pull jail time
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 07:56 AM

Hello mrs:

It's not a good idea to piggyback your question onto someone else's. Maybe somebody will move it.

Your friend will have to face the larceny charges FIRST, finish THAT sentence, and then she'll have her probation violated and she'll probably have to do some more time in jail...

Do they warn you?? Nahhh.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Felony Probation Violation [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is on Felony Probation for a gun charge in New York. He did 6months in prison, and then was sentenced to 5 years probation. He moved to Louisiana with permission from the court system. While in Louisiana, he got a simple possession ticket for a very small amount of marijuana and...

Felony Violation of Felony Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York state, and this past week, my boyfriend, who is on Felony probation (and has already went through 1 out of 5 years) for criminal mischief, overdosed on heroin. He was caught with 2 bags of herion on him when the EMT and Police came. He then attempted to eat them so that he...

Felony probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is on felony probation he violated for the first time and they let him post bail he hired an attorney.. may he get off without prison time by any chance

Felony probation violation [ 4 Answers ]

My son is being transported from one county 2 another on a felony probation violation for leave his county he spent 60 days for driving without a licesne his probation officer put a warrant out for him so now they have to transport to the other county. What might or could happen as for as time in...

View more questions Search