Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Leak in basement
    Their was discoloration and dampness on my basement wall corner. After applying drylok fastplug onto the cinder block wall the wall is dry but I am getting water seepage where the wall meets the floor. I have drilled a couple of holes in the cinder block to see if there is water in the hollows of the block but they are dry. Could you please tell me what my problem is and a solution.

Thank you.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Oct 22, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Check your gutter downspouts to make sure they are extended away from the house. The gutter leaders should be about min. 3' away from the house. If your using splash blocks make sure they are directly under the downspout.
    If you gutters drain under ground the drain pipe may be blocked or the under ground drain pipe elbow maybe craked.

This is a common problem for getting dampness in a basement.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2006, 11:18 AM
    In addition to the gutters, make sure the ground slopes away from the house. If you have to, cut a swale to drain water from the high side around the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement leak- [ 4 Answers ]

During the construction of our home, the builder roughed in a basement bathroom. In one corner is where the bathroom roughed in- a square hole in the concrete floor covered by a black flexible cover. About 5 feet away, in the opposite corner of the basement, is a round hole about the diameter...

Basement Leak / Seller failed to disclose [ 1 Answers ]

I have owned my home for 11months. The basement has leaked 4x's and the seller failed to disclose any type of basement seepage/problems such as the ones I have (pools of water in my basement coming from the ground). However, the seller did disclose that a trickle of water comes from the rear...

Basement Shower Drain Leak [ 11 Answers ]

I've recently built the bathroom in the basement. I continue to have a leak when the drain starts to back up. I had broke the tile around the main drain and replaced the flange (the one that is sandwiched between the liner) but I still continue to experience the leak. The shower will run fine for a...

Leak at the basement floor [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I noticed that the iron pipe from my kitchen sink that runs down the basement wall is leaking right at the basement floor. The floor is tile over cement. I see what appears to be a little rust stain on the floor. I see a little hole just behind the pipe (not on the pipe) coming out of the...

View more questions Search