Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bear31255 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Condenser fan motor
    My condenser fan stops running about 30 minutes after I turn it on.The compressor still runs.I have a goodman 3 ton unit.Cools good for 30 minutes. I have replaced the fan and capacitor. Same problem. It has a feeze board could it be bad .Can I bypass the freeze board.Thanks
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 5, 2009, 03:13 PM

How dirty is your condenser coil? If it is completely plugged it will over work the fan motor and the fan motor will go out on internal overload. If the condenser coil is plugged, just spray it off with water to clean it. Let me know if this works. (has many times for me). Now, if coil is clean, then motor is just plain worn out and will need to be replaced. Not sure what you mean by freeze board(is this a heatpump?). Only other possible solution would be if you have oil ports on the fan motor. If you do, put a few drops of zoom spout oil in the top and bottom oil ports, this is a long shot, but well worth a try. Please let me know how you make out. Lee
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2009, 07:41 PM
    You said you had installed a new motor with the same result
    Are you sure you used the right caicitor?
    Did you use the original fan blade?
    Is it at ,near or about the same position on the motor shaft?
    Are you sure the blade was installed correctly and turning in the right direction?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 6, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Is the new motor the same horse power as the old?
    Did you replace the fan motor capacitor when you replaced the motor?
    Is the fan blade the same diameter and pitch as the old one?
    Is the motor turning in the proper direction to blow air out the top of the outside unit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I need a new Condenser fan motor. [ 26 Answers ]

Last Thursday I came home to a loud high pitch sound coming from my outside condenser unit. The fan was not turning either. I immediately turned off the unit and the whole thing was pretty hot understandably. Once things cooled off several hours later, I turned the unit on and heard the humming of...

Condenser fan motor [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my unit is a Rheem the condenser condenser fan is making a hooming noise like is a turbine not a fan I wounder if the blades or the contactor making that noise the fan that I had was a original from the manifactory but it was stoping went it got to temperature well I replaced it with one that...

Condenser Fan Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I meant to say where on the contactor does the black and white wires go I already put the browns on the capacitor thanks for all your support

Condenser Fan Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have searched th web for a cross-match for a condenser fan motor for a RHEEM model RAKA-036JAS 3.0 Ton A/c Unit To no avail. R.S. R.Ph.

Condenser motor [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed my condenser motor does not come on when I turn on my air conditioner. Is this something I can fix.

View more questions Search