Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnm123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Belly button piercing, yes/no?
    OK so I want to get my belly button pierced, but I have heard that it really hurts and I shouldn't get it... well I really want to sooo can someone tell me if it is worth it?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 04:48 PM

How old are you? Most places require parental consent for minors to get any piercings
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 04:49 PM

It does hurt. There's a hole being put into your body followed by a metal being placed through the hole- of course it's going to hurt.

However how much is going to hurt is really up to you. How do you deal with pain? If you "freak out" during the last moments chances are your going to be tricking your brain to feel more pain then it actually is.

Now another thing. Are you legally allowed to get this piercing or do you need your parent's permission? This above all is your first obstacle.

Second, you need to keep it clean and follow the instructions the piercer gave you - this requires responsibility. Are you responsible?

And finally... is it worth it? I don't know. It's up to you to decide. If your underage and you have to beg your parents to get it, would it be worth it? If you can get it without a problem, you just have the pain to deal with..

As for "looks"-- summer is almost up, you'll be able to show it off for this month and hide it until next season.

I'm not against body piercing, in fact I like it.

Just look at the facts.

Sarah
    mnm123 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    How old are you? Most places require parental consent for minors to get any piercings
    I'm 17 and my mom is taking me to get it done so you I don't care about that I just want to know who has gotten one if ill regret it like I've read about all the things I need to do to take care of it but some people say its not worth it in the long run like do you like your peircing?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 05:21 PM

The only thing I know is that some people can handle the pain or don't even experience pain while others find it painful.
    You also have to keep it clean so you don't get it infected.
    If you want one and can handle a needle there then you might as well go for it.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 05:25 PM

The great things about piercings... they're not tattoos. Which means you can always take them off.

It may leave a little scar though...

If your unsure about it now I suggest you wait another year.

Sarah
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 06:48 PM
    It hurts. And, it takes ages to heal because things like tops, undies, pants rub against it. Tends to get infected easily too.
    babeygurl_08 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 08:21 PM

OK, the big thing with belly button piercings is they actually don't hurt you think it will but it really doesn't there's no need to get hung up over the fact of it hurting its just a quick little pinch.

BUT, what DOES HURT is if you get your new belly piercing infected and that means it bleeds or pusses a lot and it just gets super sore to touch. And it mostly occurs by you touching it with your hands that is the WORST thing to do, refrain from touching it for the first 24 hours, then afterwards only touch it when you are cleaning it. Because belly buttons migrate and reject very easily if you fool around with it.

And what I mean by migrate or reject is that either the piercing will slowly move through your skin and pop out or it will just fully reject it and you will get an infection and yea. But just keep your hands away from it unless your cleaning it, and honestly you will be fine. Just don't over clean it either because it dries it out.

And Don't CHANGE IT ! Until about six months of having the piercing because it can really get it infected because your not giving the hole enough time to fully heal in the inside so you are just poking a hole into the new skin that is trying to form.

But best of luck and yes it is worth it as long as you stick to cleaning and only touching it with clean hands, once it is healed it looks very good.
    mom of one 2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2011, 10:58 AM
    I had it done at 17 I loved it. However I had a baby and during pregancy it got stretched out I had taken it out but I talked to other mothers about it all the ones with them had the same problem. But I am almost 30 and never show my stomach now so I don't regret it. It does hurt a bit and keeps hurting for days especially during cleaning it or sweating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced yesterday and I wondered how long do I have to wait before I can change my belly bar?::)

Belly button piercing. [ 3 Answers ]

K well I got my belly button pierced like almost a month ago and well it still really hurts when I run, and there like dead skin around the piercing. And also there this yellow liquide that comes out. I wanted to no if its normal or if I'm getting it infected. If anyone could help me out Thanks

WHAT DO I DO! Belly button piercing gone bad? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I got my bellybutton pierced a few days ago ( like a week ago) I have been using this spray stuff that the piercer gave me, my belly button is red though. But keep in mind that I clean my belly button 6 times a day :), is that too much though? Like, should I start using that soap stuff......

Belly button piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced about 5 months ago. My body rejected it, I never had an infection, but I'm left with this ghastly scar! Anyway, I'm concerned that they pierced the wrong place, the piercing isn't actually in my belly button, its on top of it on my belly button on my belly. I think the...

Belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi it's me again can I get it done with a gold earing because I'm alergic to silver and soe peopple have told me u can get it done with a gun

View more questions Search