Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wettdawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Fan constantly blowing
    A couple of years ago, I replaced our old mercury style thermostat with a digital one. It worked fine for a while. Maybe a year later, we noticed that the heat would kick on and off fine, however, the fan blows constantly (usually blowing unheated air). The only way to turn off the blowing is through the main fuse panel. The furnace is a Lennox G12-55 model and the thermostat is a RiteTemp 8022. I am worrying about this as the winter months are coming up and the new baby is in the house.
    Thanks in advance!
    bmbrush413 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Oct 21, 2006, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wettdawg
    A couple of years ago, I replaced our old mercury style thermostat with a digital one. It worked fine for a while. Maybe a year later, we noticed that the heat would kick on and off fine, however, the fan blows constantly (usually blowing unheated air). The only way to turn off the blowing is through the main fuse panel. The furnace is a Lennox G12-55 model and the thermostat is a RiteTemp 8022. I am worrying about this as the winter months are coming up and the new baby is in the house.
    Thanks in advance!
    Have you checked on the thermostat to see if there is an ON/OFF/AUTO switch for the air handler part? I sometimes will leave the fan on just to recirculate the air in the ON position. In the AUTO, it will come on and off. Maybe that part of your thermostat isn't working. I'm no expert... just a thought! :)
    wettdawg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
    There is a fan on / auto switch. It acts the same whichever setting it is on.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 08:41 PM
    Likely the fan relay has stuck. Trouble is, it may be on a circuit board, hard to check out and replace short of a very expensive new board. You could luck in and have a dirty or bad limit switch or temperature sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend who constantly wants advice [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who I used to get along with quite well, but is now really getting on my nerves. A few months back she started using Photoshop for making graphics, and since I've been working in Photoshop for a while and know quite a bit about it, she started asking me for help when she had a...

Riding mower constantly cloggs [ 7 Answers ]

Does anybody here know of a way to prevent riding lawntractors from constantly clogging up. I have a huskee so mayby I wouldn't be getting this problem if I would've just coughed up the money for the john deere. Questions are this. 1) would a john deere help my problem 2) Do they make any...

New Thermostat installed, Fan works, No blowing air [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new thermostat (Ritetemp 8050c) onto a electric furnace and A/C unit. Connected the following wires to the corresponding terminals as the instructions showed (W1, R, Y, G, B) When I attempted to run the A/C I could hear things starting up but no air was produced. After a...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan not blowing? [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought 2 hampton bay 54" ceiling fans for my house, but for some reason, it seems like they don't blow at all! The blades are curved a little for "optimal air movement", it says, but it seems like it's just not doing jack. Standing directly under it, I have it on high, and can't even feel...

View more questions Search