Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Willyeye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Our kitten is peeing on our bed
    We adopted a female kitten, Bella, 2 1/2 weeks ago (she is about 3 months old). According to the Cat Rescue place, she was born approximately 1 May 2009. Bella and her litter mates were found around 5 Jun 2009, supposedly abandoned by their mother. I realize kittens shouldn't be separated from their mother that early, but my wife and I decided that we should adopt a rescued cat just to do our part ;) . When we got her home, she stayed more or less hidden for about three days. We finally coaxed her out of hiding, and she has since then become the sweetest, most loveable cat I've ever had. She seems to be very comfortable sleeping with me and my wife, so we have let her. One other note, my wife and I have a downstairs bedroom suite which is quite large, and the kitten stays in that suite. One of our sons has moved back home, and he has a 10 year-old cat that stays upstairs and outdoors. I haven't introduced them as of yet. Bella does not share this area with any other pets.

My wife and I have completely fallen in love with Bella. For the first 9 days, she used the litter box every time without any accidents. On the evening of the 10th day, I was laying on my bed watching TV, when I suddenly felt something warm on my arm. I looked and saw that Bella had urinated on the bed right next to my arm. The next day, she peed on our comforter twice (it was washed in between). It was a down quilt. The next day, she peed on the quilt again. Thinking that perhaps she was attracted by the feathers, I removed it from our room. We put a new blanket on our bed, and everything was fine for a few days. Then 2 days ago, she peed on the new blanket. I washed it, and that evening, she peed on it again. Yesterday, we used a bedspread on our bed. She didn't pee on it for the entire day. This morning, I woke up to see her peeing on the bedspread. I washed it, and now this evening, she just peed on it again. Oh, and one of the times she peed on the bed, I actually saw her urinating in her litter box not 5 minutes before peeing on the bed.

We took her to the vet about 5 days ago, and she has no UTI. We are never the slight bit mean to her. We were told to try spraying her with a water bottle, but I don't really want to try that. My wife and I never fight and we keep her area completely calm. She still uses the litter box every time for poop, and for urine most of the time. It can't have anything to do with the cleanliness of the litter box, as I am obsessive about cleaning the litter box, because I hate the smell of urine and poop (I scoop it at least 3 times a day). Unfortunately, Bella's litter box now smells way better than my bed. At the rate we're going, I am going to have to start buying new blankets twice a week, not to mention a new washer and dryer when they wear out. In fact, I am most likely going to have to buy a new mattress now. Please HELP! I love her so much and I can't see myself getting rid of her.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2009, 08:19 PM

She may sense the other cat (cats are sharp that way) and is "marking her territory." Could the two cats meet and slowly get used to each other?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten peeing in bed [ 3 Answers ]

My mum and dads boy kitten keeps peeing in there bed and they don't know what to do to stop him, any suggestions? Would really help.

8 week old kitten peeing in and out of the litter box [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I got a new kitten she is 8 weeks old. She has ear-mites which we are treating and we believe worms. We have an older cat he is 1yr. Our cat gets along with the kitten though he plays a bit rough at times. Our problem though lies in the fact that our kitten is peeing both inside...

Kitten peeing on the Bed [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, my best friend just got a kitten today and it is a boy, nuetered and got its rabbie shots. She brought it home and put him down. He, of course, ran under the bed. She put him on her bed and he has been sleeping a lot there. But he pees on the bed. I don't think he has ever been introduced to...

Kitten peeing in house [ 1 Answers ]

My kitten is 5 months old on the 12th Nov. She has recently been peeing in this one corner of the house about a metre away from her litter tray. She knows she is doing it as just now we cleaned her tray out and she peed in the corner of the room. She is litter trained, she has been perfect since I...

Peeing kitten [ 1 Answers ]

My kitten stinker is 8 months old and is my little man but gets jealous and pissy at me when my boyfriend is over or when I am not paying enough attention to him. He pees on my bed. He does not have an infection and this has to stop yesterday! I alone am supporting the dry cleaning industry! ...

View more questions Search