Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpmeyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 03:57 PM
    Kenmore Dryer won't heat (most of the time)
    I have a Kenmore Evenheat dryer that no longer dries my clothes consistently . I took off the front panel, and what I observe it that when I start it up, there are three different possible outcomes:

1) The heating element glows red, and 5 seconds later the flame ignites and the dryer works properly (about 10% of the time)
    2) The heating element glows read, 5 seconds later the flame DOESN'T ignite, and the heating element gives up and cools off (about 20% of the time)
    3) The heating element doesn't even bother heating up (about 70% of the time)

Anyone know what I should replace and/or clean?

Thanks,

Thomas
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 23, 2006, 02:28 PM
    You have an element and an igniter?

I didn't know such a thing exsisted, not saying it doenst, I learn new stuff every day.

I do know one thing, and electric element, no matter what its on shouldn't "ignite".

Those dryer elements really need to be in their cavity with adaquate air passing through them when it is energized. If not in can overheat, and yes even catch on fire. (this I know through personal expirence :) )

I will say, that IF you are looking at just an electric element with that kind of problem, it sounds like there isn't enough air passing trhough it. You might try cleaning out your exaust line, and under the drum where the blower is at, lots of lint gets trapped down there.
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 24, 2006, 04:57 PM
    Setting next to the igniter is there a sensor next to it. They normally have a small glass window on it.
    It has a bi-metal switch in it.
    When it gets hot from the igniter it sends power to the gas valve and when it cools down it lets the igniter turn on.
    It could be that sensor sticking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Gas Dryer won't heat after 5 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Kenmore Gas dryer, over 12 years old, model # 110.8754 5100, ignites and blows gas just for few minutes and stops burning. The drum is still running. I turn it off and wait for 15 minutes until the temperatur goes down. I turn the dryer back on and it blows gas and burns again. Just...

Kenmore Elite Dryer won't heat [ 16 Answers ]

I have a heavy duty Kenmore Elite dryer for about 5 years (bought new) but it doesn't heat now. Power works fine. The inside part turns/tumbles fine. Light works when you open the door. We clean lint out each time. Just doesn't heat on any of the dial settings. I've switched power at the...

Kenmore dryer help / No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 80 series Super capacity plus dryer. Model# 77832791 77832 that is not heating. Sounds like after it runs for about 30 seconds that it is trying to fire up but then doesn't. I consider myself to be handy and could probably fix it with some help. Any idea where I should start? Does...

Kenmore dryer: how long should heat cycle? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This is my initial post to this forum and hope someone out there can help. I own a Kenmore dryer (87984800) that is about 12 years old. Recently, it has begun to take two cycles to dry a medium-large load of clothes. This is unusual for this dryer. The dryer is doing the following:...

Kenmore dryer runs but does not heat [ 3 Answers ]

My Kenmore dryer just stopped heating but it runs. The model number no is 110.62994101. I need help on how to fix it. If possible with diagram on How to change any part.

View more questions Search