Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MommyK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 02:02 PM
    What ARE these pups?
    Hi,

We've recently taken in two puppies that were dropped off on a friend's doorstep. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what the mix might be. These pictures are both of the girl (they look very similar.) I've had pit bull suggested, but we're really not sure. Is there any way to tell based on the way they look at 8 weeks or so or do we have to wait until they're older?

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images

doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 21, 2006, 02:33 PM
    It is tough to decide on a breed on looks alone. If you rely on that only anyone would be missing some important info. When looking at a dog breed personality traits, bone structure, gait/movement, and lastly looks are to be considered. With that said based on what I see with 10 yrs experience in shelters, rescues, and veterinarian office work I see a good ALL American Breed! Meaning you have a little Shepherd, Chow, Rott, Beagle, maybe Pit, Boxer, Lab or whatever else is most common running loose in your area. A good idea is to go take a look at your local shelter or A/C. Whatever they have the most of is probably what your two beautiful girls are mixed with. BTW, there is a company that now offers genetic testing of mixed breeds. But, I don't know how vaualbe or proven their methods are.
    Hope this helps, D
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 21, 2006, 03:22 PM
    I think I saw some Yoda mixed in there too! :p

Congrats on the new arrivals... two are definitely better than one. (has two cats and one terrific 100 mph dog)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2006, 04:20 PM
    At 8 weeks they are still changing. The ears could decide to stand up. The coloration could be from an Australian Cattle Dog, or a bridled breed. The nose looks long for any bull dog, Boxer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do chiuahua pups get along with kittens? [ 1 Answers ]

Well u can call me Candy if you would like 2. :D :D um... I'm new here and I'm open 2 new things and love seeing different answers. So my question is Do 8 week old chiuahuas get along with 8 month old kittens? Please answer ASAP!

Will a mother beagle eat her pups? [ 1 Answers ]

We have a mother beagle that gave birth to 7 pups. They are 3 weeks old today and now we have 4. We found half a head where the mother had eaten one and we assume 2 others. Is this normal? Puppies were developing well. The 4 left seem well nourished and healthy. Mother seems to have plenty...

Doxie Pups Run From Me [ 2 Answers ]

How can I get my 9 month old Doxie pups from running away from me? The female does this when I want to put her in the kennel (she will not be bribed with treats) and the male when he occasionally gets out the front door and runs across the street. I've "had it" with the both of them and ready to...

View more questions Search