Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allawawababa Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2009, 09:11 AM
    How many times a week do you have sex?
    Just curious. Also, please let us know what kind of relationship you are in (ie. dating, engaged, married, etc.) and your age.
    puppydoggie Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Aug 3, 2009, 09:19 AM

This is a strange question? Almost inanswerable, everysinlge person is different in everyway depending on who you are, how stressfull your day is, how high your sex drive is, your beliefs, how well your relationship is going at that perticular moment in time... I could go on... for me personally I am in a long term relationship with my boyfriend and we normally have sex 3-4 times a week although if it was up to me it would be more yet if it was up to him it would be less. At the moment I am living in france and I only get to see him once a month so not much while I'm away!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allawawababa View Post
    Just curious. Also, please let us know what kind of relationship you are in (ie., dating, engaged, married, etc.) and your age.
    Who's "us"?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 3, 2009, 09:57 AM

I'm married, and it depends on the week.

We are trying to conceive, so some weeks we have sex 20 times... and some weeks it's 0.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Aug 3, 2009, 10:54 AM

Depends on the week. You never know. I am married.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Varies every week, I think that will be the typical response. Dating - 5 years.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 11:11 AM
    6 - 10 times a week on average... Married 17 years.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    6 - 10 times a week on average..... Married 17 years.
    I can only manage 6 - 10 times/week, if I count my solo encounters and I would probably still be shy on most occasions. ;)

That is one active lifestyle for 17 years, many props.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 11:15 AM

More like once a month for us. Sometimes a couple times a month. But not weekly.

I'm 24, he is 32, and we are married.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    I can only manage 6 - 10 times/week, if I count my solo encounters and I would probably still be shy on most occassions. ;)

That is one active lifestyle for 17 years, many props.
    Its taken work since the wedding day to make sure we had open communications and each others wants are fulfilled within the limits either of us might have. That has kept it interesting and fresh... and has avoided the burnout of excessive repitition so many couples eventually experience.

While its not... "fresh meat" excitement... its never gotten dull for either of us. Either of us can say "lets do this instead..." at any point on any day. She as well as me. Nobody feels they have to do any particular thing they aren't feeling at that moment. And neither of us ever get offended when its suggested.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 12:51 PM
    Well, what do you mean about sex? Intercourse? Oral? Manual with partner?

As stated, desire can vary... many things are tied to libido... poor sleep, stress, problems outside the bedroom often cause "less desire" in the bedroom.

Personally, three times a week (intercourse) is my general desire... but I love giving oral on my partner and could do this every single morning if she wished for it... but my desire is higher than hers so that's that.

When there's been stress, frustration... the desire is lower. Other times, enough isn't enough.

Personally, id rather have a sensual "makeout session" every other night in trade with a full body massage on my partner. I just love my hands on a woman's skin, even if an orgasm isn't in the plans. It calms me. Centers me.

Doesn't hurt that it might relax her enough for sex either.

But I love to kiss more than my partner. Too bad. Lips are lovely things.

Married at the moment.
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 12:58 PM

It helps that we both have healthy drives (and reasonibly closely matched too) as well... its a great stress reducer. THis is why I recommend dating couples with wildly differing drives to move on before they get to far into it. You are what you are and its best to find someone who has a matching drive as well. Otherwise there will be constant fighting, one wants more, the other wants less... and the stress that brings along with lifes other stresses. Oh We have our share of stresses but this is one area where we rarely disagree.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 01:03 PM
    I do agree that its best when drives are close... problem is the early stages of relationships often mask differences.

For ex... when dating my wife, she was more than willing to stay up late at night to get time to make time.

Turns out, she's a morning girl... 5am is perfect for her. Me... I'm primed at 10pm. So... her behavior wasn't "wrong"... she just was willing to "work a little harder" at the "catch" phase.

Most sexual relationships require some compromise and some communication. Obviously, the better you are "naturally matched" the easier it is.

Best sex I've had was with a girl who was almost lock in step with my interests, desires, and frequency.

Doesn't mean a "mismatch" cannot work... just means more mental work and openness.

Unfortunately, sometimes this doesn't come out until a few years into a relationship...
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2009, 01:20 PM
    Well, being recently divorced it's been a while, in fact too long. And I'm raring to go! This is not an advertisement, lol, just an honest answer to your question!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 03:48 PM

Dating.
    0 times.

We're both still virgins and proud of it!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allawawababa View Post
    Just curious. Also, please let us know what kind of relationship you are in (ie., dating, engaged, married, etc.) and your age.
    Can I ask YOU a question? Why are you asking this? Are you trying to create an average? Are you using US to get you MORE? Is he/she telling you once a week is enough? You say "let us know", so just wondering.

As for us, it's anywhere from 3-7 times a week. Married 10 years. Me 47, she 42. Still in love, still in like.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 05:04 PM

Id like to know how old the OP is
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 05:35 PM
    Wondergirl agrees: That's why I asked early on who is "us." I'm really quite amazed at all the responses he/she has gotten.

Yes, Wondergirl, I am actually amazed at MYSELF for answering. I guess I'm not shy, and actually proud of that statistic. However, it would be nice to know WHO we're talking to. Or WHY this was answered. Maybe it's a psyche study on willingness to share intimate details.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2009, 07:32 PM

At different stages in my life the frequency has changed:

The first few years it was Tri-weekly.

The next twenty years it was try weekly.

Now it is try weakly.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2009, 02:56 AM
    My vote for best one is...

Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu View Post
    At different stages in my life the frequency has changed:

The first few years it was Tri-weekly.

The next twenty years it was try weekly.

Now it is try weakly.

Could "Us' be the government, taking a survey to see if taxing sex can be another way of screwing us? Oops, pun alert.

If so, they owe me a refund.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend goes clubbing 2 times a week! [ 13 Answers ]

Hey everyone, was hoping to get some response from you on this one as I`m about to make an important decision. Maybe I`m in love and are too blind to see the truth, or maybe I`m in love and just paranoid of losing him! Would be nice to hear other opinions. See, I`ve been with my man for about...

16 week old puppy pees 3-4 times outside [ 4 Answers ]

Help! Have a 16 week old cavalier king charles spaniel who I have had for almost 2 weeks. She had a uti infection that vet gave me antibiotics for and tomorrow is her last dose. Each time I take her outside, she pees 2, 3 sometimes 4 times. I have stopped giving her praise and treats for all...

Sewer gas smell a couple times a week. Last a couple of minutes, then gone. [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sewer gas smell in one of our lower bathrooms around 1 to 2 times a week. The smell only last for a couple of minutes, then it is gone. You can smell everything in the bathroom (toilet, air vent, shower) and it is simply in the air and nowhere else. When the smell happens, it is always at...

How many times sex is better in week! [ 10 Answers ]

How many times sex with women is better for mans health in a week!any side effects if u do more!

View more questions Search