Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paperdoll Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Aug 2, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Inlaws against pregnancy,and fear of defect
    I had taken emergency contraceptive pills and so had irregular period with bleeding for about 10 days.then without another period I got pregnant.I am almost 5 weeks 2 days now.around my 3rd week pregnancy because of some reasons I took some10 tabs of cefixime and 7 tabs of metron.but after a while I followed it with two rounds of self vomiting.when rushed to hospital... doctor said they found nothing in the blood.
    I want to keep this baby... but my in-laws are forcing me to avoid it.I really don't want to do that.I'll rather raise my baby on own then abort it.but somewhere I am scared now.in laews telling me not to keep the baby... is it like a bad omen... I am so worried.and I heard at early pregnancy fetus are in all or none phase... that means they are either totally harmed or nothing wrong has gone... till now everything's normal... I had my first ulatrasound... doc has called me at my 8 weeks again... can anyone please help me and say,if there's defect on a fetus... at what week can it be known... will it be too late to abort if the defect is found then... and I heard somewhere that the above medicines are not known to have long term effect in babies
    What should I do... what would you do if you were in my place... its my first baby... and I was so excited but... please help.please do.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2009, 09:26 AM

It is your baby your body. THEY can not FORCE you to abort it.
    If the doctor hasn't found any abnormalities and your blood work was fine then you probably don't run any higher of a risk than most people for a normal baby.

KEEP your baby and KEEP your in laws out of you and your baby's life.

If you abort it you will ALWAYS wonder 'what if'
    paperdoll Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Aug 7, 2009, 09:49 PM

I really need more opinions... please help.its my first child and I am really scared...
    Its comforting to read how you people always answer so answer this one too
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 01:38 PM

Is the metron "metronidazole? If so what you took is considered reasonably safe in pregnancy... of course when taken in the proper dosage. Odds are things will be fine, but as you have been told in other threads there is no way to know for sure. You will simply have to wait and check with your doctor when you have additional scans.

I do hope you have received some support in dealing with whatever issue(s) caused you to take the meds in the first place. If not, that is a must.

You asked what would someone do if they were in your position? Personally I would continue the pregnancy but be sure to do everything possible to insure a healthy baby and pregnancy for the rest of it. Eating well, changing any behaviors that you know could be harmful, taking prenatal vitamins, reduce the stress around me, exercise daily, follow doctor's or midwife's advice, build good relationships with the family and friends that do support you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Your other posts indicate that you need to speak to your Doctor again, and perhaps get a referral for counselling.

The deliberate drug overdose when you knew you were pregnant is a big red flag, not to mention the pressure you are under to abort this baby.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...de-379962.html

Much has to be considered, and it is hard to tell how stable you are. If you are depressed, or suicidal, or under a great deal of stress, you need to speak to your Doctor.

If the doctor says that you are fine medically, then you shouldn't worry about it.

I think the bigger issue here right now is your mental health. If you are this wound up about something you've already been given answers to, how are you going to manage the stress of having a baby.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 06:18 PM

I believe you need to be able to stand on your own and not allow others to decide for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get over fear of pregnancy? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been sexually active for just a month now, and my problem is that every time, I worry about getting pregnant. I have talked about it with friends and they said it's normal cause it's my first times, but I sincerely am scared to death about getting pregnant. I'm on the pill,...

Toxoplasmosis in pregnancy fear [ 2 Answers ]

I am in my first trimester of pregnancy and seem to have gone into anxiety over drive! I am looking for any help or logical/rational opinions and I don't trust my own at the moment :) . Last night I was at a dinner party, as I am so early on I haven't told people yet. Part of the entrées was...

Types of timber defect [ 1 Answers ]

I try looking for it on the internet and I cannot see it help me please

Bought Home Seller Hid defect [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... I bought a home 2 years ago in Minnesota the owner now lives in Wisconsin... when we moved into the house we started having problem with coming through the ceiling in the kitchen... we had a plumber come to fix something else and he said it must be coming from the shower... but there was...

View more questions Search